Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom fields to pages - like "Template Variable" in ModX CMS
I'm adopt of ModX CMS Smile but found GS great as tiny but extensible tool. Is there any way to create and use own adittional fields in pages? For example there's a page template that holds two separate contents (don't think of reason - just imagine it). I would like to have adittional "Content" field in page edit mode and use it in my template.

In a ModX, you can create Template Variables (TV for short) - a kind of custom fields, that connected to a template. When you select (or changing) a template of a page - all thouse TV that are connected to a template appears and you can assing them values.
Here is the official docs - http://wiki.modxcms.com/index.php/Template_Variable
Sorry guys - it seems I've lost "Search this forum" pane Smile
i18n is the answer?
bugman Wrote:I'm adopt of ModX CMS Smile but found GS great as tiny but extensible tool. Is there any way to create and use own adittional fields in pages? For example there's a page template that holds two separate contents (don't think of reason - just imagine it). I would like to have adittional "Content" field in page edit mode and use it in my template.

The plugins are named like your question: I18N Custom Fields or the original Custom Fields (which I think does not support additional WYSIWYG fields).
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
mvlcek, thanks a lot
I hope, that topic will ever be found by other ModX adopts )