Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New event trigger requested
I noticed that the 3.1 beta includes an event trigger named "changedata-aftersave" which is triggered after the "changedata-save" trigger and subsequent page save. Could you also add one named "page-afterdelete" to be fired after a page has been deleted? I hacked up my own copy of 3.0 to add this event as I needed to update some cached navigation files whenever pages were modified, but it had to happen after all of the changes were saved to disk.
Get-Simple Plugins: Nested Menus
Firefox Plugins: Clean and Close, Focus Last Tab
chrisbloom7 Wrote:I noticed that the 3.1 beta includes an event trigger named "changedata-aftersave" which is triggered after the "changedata-save" trigger and subsequent page save. Could you also add one named "page-afterdelete" to be fired after a page has been deleted? I hacked up my own copy of 3.0 to add this event as I needed to update some cached navigation files whenever pages were modified, but it had to happen after all of the changes were saved to disk.

You might try another approach: delete the cache and only recreate it when needed (when you want to display the navigation for the first time). This is how I18N and I18N Search work.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
mvlcek Wrote:You might try another approach: delete the cache and only recreate it when needed (when you want to display the navigation for the first time). This is how I18N and I18N Search work.

I would normally agree, but in my case I needed to create a file for use in a section of the site that doesn't run in GetSimple, so I need to create it as soon as the changes are made in the backend. I realize this is a special case, but I figure if you're going to have a trigger that fires after save you may as well have one that is triggered after deletion too.
Get-Simple Plugins: Nested Menus
Firefox Plugins: Clean and Close, Focus Last Tab