Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GetSimple 3.1 Beta Cut r506 (July 1, 2011)
There are still a couple problems outstanding, but since people have been asking for it, here is the beta cut. If anyone finds any problems with it, please post in this thread... Thanks!

http://get-simple.info/download/
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Finally something I can not suffer, remembering the English, who had studied in school, when you create Web pages - a transliteration of works :-)
Debug mode on.
Admin dir changed.
Link structure set to: %parent%/%slug%

Editing page -> save:
Code:
Notice: Undefined index: autosave in \panel\changedata.php on line 175

Notice: Undefined index: \panel\changedata.php on line 184
Error: Headers already sent in \panel\changedata.php on line 175
Click Here If Your Browser Does Not Auto Forward You
Creating new page -> save :
Code:
Notice: Undefined index: autosave in \panel\changedata.php on line 175
Notice: Undefined index: autosave in \panel\changedata.php on line 184
Notice: Undefined index: existing-url in \panel\changedata.php on line 187
Notice: Undefined index: existing-url in \panel\changedata.php on line 190
Error: Headers already sent in \panel\changedata.php on line 175
Click Here If Your Browser Does Not Auto Forward You

Pages are being saved, and work, but new autosave function seems generating some problems.

btw. autosave time is by default set to 30000 sec ? Shouldn't it be autosaved every 15 min (let's say 1000) ?
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
can't tell for sure with that beta, but with today build there's a bug in plugins management:

when you disable a plugin (clicking on Deactivate link) you can't re-enable. Clicking on the 'Activate' link doen nothing data/other/plugins.xml is not updated

solution: Manually edit data/other/plugins.xml and change [CDATA[false]] -> [CDATA[true]] near the plugin name
Just tested on the latest SVN build and everything is working fine.

What plugins if any do you have installed?
My Github Repos: Github
n00dles101 Wrote:Just tested on the latest SVN build and everything is working fine.

What plugins if any do you have installed?

I19N navigation only. and i just did a chown www-data:www-data -R so permission are not an issue.

i'll do an additional test in a few minutes.
problem solved. I'm using chrome on the beta channel.

I just switched to stable firefox, and it worked like a charm. So i guess there's some issue with actual google chrome beta build.

But turning on DEBUG; i see i still have an issue:

(on the /admin/ login page but it happen on many other pages too)
2009- Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead in /var/www/mysite.it/admin/template/footer.php on line 17 Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead in /var/www/mysite.it/admin/template
Quote:It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings

This is a bit weird, for any CMS that doesn’t want to force people to enter too much information before they are able to use it. Think about it. Before you have accessed the settings panel to choose a timezone, how are we going to know what timezone you would want? Instead, GetSimple just uses whatever PHP uses by default—GetSimple uses the system’s setting. Can you think of a better default than that? I can’t.

Maybe there is some way to trick PHP in using the system’s default, but that’s a very low priority thing ;-)
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Zegnåt Wrote:Maybe there is some way to trick PHP in using the system’s default, but that’s a very low priority thing ;-)

Simplest thing would be adding a default timezone to gsconfig during installation process.
I had to do it using newsmanager plugin, and in some other webapps using strtotime() function.
i still don't get it. I did select a timezone: "We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead in /var/www/mysite.it/admin/template"

and on my server i re-run dpkg-reconfigure tzdata so i'm sure that's ok too.

and i checked in setting / Local Timezone and it's set correct.

So i don't know why i'm still getting that message when i enable debug mode. (easy fix: disable debug)
Can someone give some info about the GetSimple API Configuration section.
I thought setting default language will be available in 3.1 from within gsconfig (or would be automatically added upon choosing laungage during installation).
Still have to do it manually in common.php
Deleting en_US leads to:
Code:
Warning: include_once(admin/lang/en_US.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in admin/panel/inc/common.php on line 168
I installed today GetSimple_3.1B_r502 today
everything went smooth.

I edited the german language file, it is attached here

I expected the multi-user-plugin into the core, unfortunately it is still separate plugin
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
About new built-in page caching/indexing:

Why use a pages.array file inside data/pages, instead of storing it outside with xml extension, like e.g. data/other/pages.xml or data/other/pages/pages.xml ?

(I'm asking this here instead of in the PagesXML thread, 'cause I assume the plugin will be abandoned when GS 3.1 is released)
sorry everyone, i havent responded b/c i've been out on vacation the last week. I will make sure i take care of each outstanding request when i get a chance to regroup. Thanks everyone!
- Chris

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
@Carlos. I've changed this in the latest SVN, thanks for the suggestions.

now file is located in /data/other/pages.xml

Mike...
@yojoe: I am not sure of the importance of setting the timezone immediately. I am with Zegnat and think that this is definitely a secondary setting that can easily be set within the Settings tab once logged in. I definitely do not think it should be on the setup.php screen, and do not think it really adds any value being in gsconfig.php either. It takes two steps to open/save gsconfig.php and it takes two steps to save the timezone within Settings. Whats to gain here?

@datiswous: Its for the iPhone app that will be coming soon. Smile It's working, but it still needs some work before being launched. If it's not ready by time 3.1 cuts, I will just disable this screen so it doesn't show when you are logged in.

(BTW, the iPhone app hasnt been discussed or even mentioned on here before, so this is the first anyone is hearing about it)
- Chris

ccagle8 Wrote:It takes two steps to open/save gsconfig.php and it takes two steps to save the timezone within Settings.

Chris, it takes more than 2 steps to open/save gsconfig.php
in my opininion it takes 4 steps, you have to download / edit / save / upload it ;=)
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Hi I see small yellow blocks with ! in it. See attachment.

What are these?

Connie Wrote:
ccagle8 Wrote:It takes two steps to open/save gsconfig.php and it takes two steps to save the timezone within Settings.

Chris, it takes more than 2 steps to open/save gsconfig.php
in my opininion it takes 4 steps, you have to download / edit / save / upload it ;=)

wouldn't it be handy to be able to edit the gsconfig.php in GetSimple (like we can edit theme files, etc.)?
On the plugins Tab it means there are updates to your installed plugins.
Click on the tab to see which updates are available.

On the Support tab it shows any install/folder problems that may exist.

Mike...
just updated the download link to the latest SVN revision. Thanks for all the help Mike!
- Chris

has anyone seen any problems with the transliteration being inside the core now? Oleg? Yojoe? Anyone else?

I would love to close this issue if no one has found any problems with it yet: http://code.google.com/p/get-simple-cms/...ail?id=195
- Chris

ccagle8 Wrote:has anyone seen any problems with the transliteration being inside the core now? Oleg? Yojoe? Anyone else?

I would love to close this issue if no one has found any problems with it yet: http://code.google.com/p/get-simple-cms/...ail?id=195

I tested 3.1B with 2 templates I've made within last 2 weeks, and I haven't seen any problems with transliteration.
Consider this as 99% working, as I can't test it with chineese or arabic languages.
awesome, good enough for me. im going to consider it working, and if anything else pops up we will just make a new issue. Thanks for testing it for me!
- Chris

datiswous Wrote:wouldn't it be handy to be able to edit the gsconfig.php in GetSimple (like we can edit theme files, etc.)?

i don't think so. The everyday user wouldn't want to even know that gsconfig even exists. You are thinking like a developer - and trying to make life a little easier on you.

What happens if a client accidently messes up their gsconfig.php and then call you complaining that their site doesn't work.... not worth it at all for a little convenience for us.
- Chris