Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GetSimple 3.1 Beta Cut r506 (July 1, 2011)
transliteration is working properly
Good day

Question, the pages uses the cache file now for xml tag values. But
the theme_functions - menu_data still read from the files directly. can this be changed to also read
from the cache as with get_navigation, or does cache not provide enought info for this to happen ?
Sorry just quick glancing

Thanks

Johannes.
Stopped developing on GS Plugins. Anybody welcome to take the projects over. Thanks for all the support all.
Good day.

Have problem with action : caching-save
It is called inside a function and its values are all local. Thus I cannot access them via the function
as globals.

Only way I see around it now is to make it a exec_filter pass the $data object and check return of array value,if more than 0 values, then add them as key, value ?

I might be missing something, if you can please help me right in that aspect.

thanks

Johannes
Stopped developing on GS Plugins. Anybody welcome to take the projects over. Thanks for all the support all.
Note problem I have with this is that if multiple plugins calls this it might override each others return array, still have to test, but the chance is there,.

tx

Johannes
Example of how I got it to work.

Code:
$addArr = exec_filter('caching-save',$data);
            if (count($addArr) > 0) {
              foreach ($addArr as $addKey => $addItem) {
                $note = $pages->addChild($addKey );
                $note->addCData($addItem);        
                $pagesArray[(string)$id][$addKey ]=(string)$addItem;
              }
            }

Please direct me in correct direction if I might be missing something, have been working very late for the last 3 weeks, thus getting little blunt.

thanks

Johannes
Hi Johannes,

I've been trying to convert my customfields plugin the last couple of days and I'm also running into the same problem.

Leave it with me, I should have something sorted by this evening....

Mike....
My Github Repos: Github
menu_data and any remaining functions using the old format will be converted to use caching in the next day or two.

Mike.
n00dles101 Wrote:Hi Johannes,

I've been trying to convert my customfields plugin the last couple of days and I'm also running into the same problem.

Mike....

100% tx. The way I got it to work was only way I could based on the functionality provided. If exec_action could pass a optional parameter and allow return of values as exec_filter it would feel more right.

Only other way was to make the values global but that just felt dirty. Thus the reason I used
exec_filter to pass the value and the take what they array gives.

anyways. tx

good luck

Johannes
Good day.

Just want to mention. i observed that saving Pages (possible due to caching setup) and Selecting the plugin tab seems to intermittently slow system dramatically down on my local box and remotely.

dunno what it is yet, but thought I mention it,can see the difference.

Thanks

Johannes
n00dles101 Wrote:Hi Johannes,

Mike....

Good day.

I have played with a another way to allow multi plugins to add there fields without overwriting others data.

Looks maybe like alot of code or bulky, but it can get the job done. can mabe get a more generic functions for scenarios like this.

Code:
// Plugin Authors should add custome fields etc.. here
            $customArr['data'] = &$data;
            $customArr['customdata'] = array();
              $customArr = exec_filter('caching-save',$customArr);
            if (count($customArr['customdata']) > 0) {
              foreach ($customArr['customdata'] as $addItems) {
                foreach($addItems as $addKey => $addItem) {
                  $note = $pages->addChild($addKey );
                  $note->addCData($addItem);        
                  $pagesArray[(string)$id][$addKey ]=(string)$addItem;
                }  
              }
            }

to set it in plugin then we can just do it like this

Code:
$data['customdata'][] = array('domain'=>(string)$data['data']->domain);

Seems to work without any problems. and I can send my values and it gets saved.

Hope it can help find a solution, just thought I'd share.
tx
Johannes
Hi there.

found problem with timezone settings. Basically it gets loaded for the user when logged in. But otherwise not.
This can make your dates on web (of for some reason you have date time on server dynamically) wrong.

Basically this part in common.pas

Code:
if( function_exists('date_default_timezone_set') && ($TIMEZONE != "" || stripos($TIMEZONE, '--')) ) {
    date_default_timezone_set($TIMEZONE);
}

only executes when user is logged in otherwise not.

thanks to this logic that only does it on login.

Code:
/** grab user data */
if (isset($_COOKIE['GS_ADMIN_USERNAME'])) {
    $cookie_user_id = _id($_COOKIE['GS_ADMIN_USERNAME']);
    if (file_exists(GSUSERSPATH . $cookie_user_id.'.xml')) {
        $datau = getXML(GSUSERSPATH  . $cookie_user_id.'.xml');
        $USR = stripslashes($datau->USR);
        $HTMLEDITOR = $datau->HTMLEDITOR;
        $TIMEZONE = (string)$datau->TIMEZONE;
        $LANG = $datau->LANG;
    } else {
        $USR = null;
        $TIMEZONE = "";    
    }
} else {
    $USR = null;
    $TIMEZONE = "";
}

Basically cant the timezone be saved against the website.xml file ? If user logs in, he can override his timezone session settings, but then there is a systemwide timezone that applies.

Reason is I see this on templates when trying to display footer.php (of the Innovation theme)

thanks

Johannes
I'm testing 3.1 on a new webhoster, so far the experience has been stellar. Their config doesn't have ZipArchive installed though, so the support link in the admin area shows the exclamation mark since not all requirements have been met.

I was surprised to see that GS's backup feature still works and simply produces a .tar file instead of a .zip file, nice. I'm wondering if the notification can be switched off somehow though since it might irritate customers.
yeah, i added the .tar when ZipArchive wasnt available, but I think for the normal person, they wont know what to do with a tar.gz file... In that respect, i feel that a warning is still justified (I will update the wiki's requirements if it isnt already to let them know what it means)
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Minor issue:

Recently I found out that when I dissable a plugin, information is also gone for that plugin. It even often says there is a new version available to download, but when I activate the plugin it seams the right version is installed.

It would be handy if the information about the plugins version, description, author, etc. is still being read even when plugin is not active, right?

In the attachment you see 4 dissabled plugins. Only the last one is actually out of date.

EDIT:
If I dissable all plugins it still gives the ! mark on top of the plugins tab (so it probably is revering to the dissabled plugins).
datiswous Wrote:Minor issue:

Recently I found out that when I dissable a plugin, information is also gone for that plugin. It even often says there is a new version available to download, but when I activate the plugin it seams the right version is installed.

It would be handy if the information about the plugins version, description, author, etc. is still being read even when plugin is not active, right?

In the attachment you see 4 dissabled plugins. Only the last one is actually out of date.

EDIT:
If I dissable all plugins it still gives the ! mark on top of the plugins tab (so it probably is revering to the dissabled plugins).

The current build's (3.1B r520) Menu Manager's drag and drop does not work for me on any browsers.
mikeh Wrote:The current build's (3.1B r520) Menu Manager's drag and drop does not work for me on any browsers.

It's not coded yet... its the single biggest to-do left for 3.1
- Chris

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
ccagle8 Wrote:
mikeh Wrote:The current build's (3.1B r520) Menu Manager's drag and drop does not work for me on any browsers.

It's not coded yet... its the single biggest to-do left for 3.1
Awesome.. I thought that was probably the case, but didn't see anything about it.
I'm not sure if you noticed, but in r520 upgraded to r523 page's settings pannel stopped working.
After clicking "page options" it doesn't roll down.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
After disabling plugins a small note appears below the respective plugin name informing me of an available update. The version number is equal to the plugin's version. So there isn't actually an update since I'm on the most up-to-date version already.

PS where can I see the exact build number for the betas? All I'm currently seeing is "3.1B"..
Thorsten,

I've added it as an issue to the SVN , will get it sorted.

Mike.
polyfragmented Wrote:After disabling plugins a small note appears below the respective plugin name informing me of an available update. The version number is equal to the plugin's version. So there isn't actually an update since I'm on the most up-to-date version already.

That's what I already said earlyer, but it seamed ignored...
Looks like that crop functionality in image.php is broken in latest SVN 526 - I get
Code:
image.php:190 Uncaught ReferenceError: updateCoords is not defined
error.

Oh, it's already fixed in r529. Thanks.
Hi, a few little things I noticed while testing the beta 3.1B_r533

1) In file management, I got when there is no folder
Code:
Notice: Undefined variable: foldercount in C:\xampp\htdocs\GetSimple-fr\admin\upload.php on line 291
I test in a fresh install on webhost and got the same error (no lang file, nothing except GSDEBUG on)
Code:
Notice: Undefined variable: foldercount in /home/a2425092/public_html/test/admin/upload.php on line 291
Of course, it disappears once there is a folder created but entering it, we got 3 other notices
Code:
Notice: Undefined variable: dirsSorted in C:\xampp\htdocs\GetSimple-fr\admin\upload.php on line 219

Notice: Undefined variable: filesSorted in C:\xampp\htdocs\GetSimple-fr\admin\upload.php on line 243
Nom de fichier    Taille    Perms    Date    

Notice: Undefined variable: foldercount in C:\xampp\htdocs\GetSimple-fr\admin\upload.php on line 291

0 fichiers au total
Idem on webhost. The first two are corrected once there a file in

2) I also got some warnings about timezone on the fresh install
Code:
PHP Error Message

Strict Standards: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /home/a2425092/public_html/test/admin/inc/security_functions.php on line 98

PHP Error Message

Strict Standards: main() [function.main]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /home/a2425092/public_html/test/admin/upload.php on line 291
It's correct once I set a timezone in settings (sorry I must have miss something during install)

local : xampp - php 5.3.8
webhost : php 5.2.17

3) I was curious about uploadify, so I activate it in gsconfig.php to test. Uploading a file with produce
Code:
Notice: Undefined variable: success in /home/a2425092/public_html/test/admin/upload.php on line 76
Sorry my English is poor, I'm working on it
Sorry it's me again. I have a few questions about the autosave option

I have enabled it in gsconfig.php and go create a new page (taking my time). At first it seems to work as I got a message telling me of the time of autosave. half an hour later, the message hasn't change and looking in data/autosave there hasn't been a change either in the file. I try clicking on save button (which is grayed) and strangely it prompts a reaction as an autosave is done again. But that only work once :/
Is that normal behavior?

And how am I suppose to effectively save my page? Do I have to copy my work, quit that one and create a new one and paste my work in it?
Edit: That doesn't work either. As soon as I put a title the save button become disabled and an autosave is created. So for now, I put autosave back off
Sorry my English is poor, I'm working on it
autosave is in beta now... there are some bugs that need worked out of it right now. remember, 3.1 is still not a final production-ready product.
- Chris