Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
unexpected '&', expecting T_VARIABLE or '$' in /admin/inc/common.php
Hi,

I successfully installed on my local test server, but when I uploaded to my host to install, I got this error.

Code:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '&', expecting T_VARIABLE or '$' in /hsphere/local/home/shauncox/keylink.biz/getsimple/admin/inc/common.php on line 19

I have checked the file permissions for /data & /backups to make sure they are writeable. So now I'm not sure where to look... I'm a bit rusty but I thought this kinda of thing only happened when I coded my own thang :-)

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks!
Martin
Your running PHP 4, the minimum requirments are PHP 5
My Github Repos: Github
no offense martinhansell, but this has been answered quite a few times... please search the forums before posting problems.

In a couple of the forums posts around here there have been some solutions for you to attempt.
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
ccagle8 Wrote:no offense martinhansell, but this has been answered quite a few times... please search the forums before posting problems.

In a couple of the forums posts around here there have been some solutions for you to attempt.

None taken - i did search, and I found nothing. I have reasonable searching experience, but wasn't sure what string to put together. How did you find it - maybe I can learn something more..

Cheers
Martin
n00dles101 Wrote:Your running PHP 4, the minimum requirments are PHP 5

nope - I checked that, n my host (FAQS) assures me we are running with PHP5. There may be somewhere that I have settings to alter - but I am running recent versions of Joomla! and Drupal off the same host, so I imagine we are up to speed??

Thanks.
Martin
Check this one, you might have to add something to your .htaccess

http://get-simple.info/forum/topic/1149/...riable-or/
My Github Repos: Github
n00dles101 Wrote:Check this one, you might have to add something to your .htaccess

http://get-simple.info/forum/topic/1149/...riable-or/

Thanks for that.... I've tried it, but to no avail.

Below are the (new) contents of my .htaccess file - but if I make all these changes before the install takes place, will the install work? Or is that more applicable to a database-driven system?

Many thanks.
Martin

AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
Options -Indexes

# blocks direct access to the XML files - they hold all the data!
<Files ~ "\.xml$">
Order allow,deny
Deny from all
Satisfy All
</Files>
<Files sitemap.xml>
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
Satisfy All
</Files>

RewriteEngine on

# Usually it RewriteBase is just '/', but