Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
max amount of PM messages
Is there a fixed amount of PM messages set on punBB script by default ?
IPB/vB/SMF and so on contain the info of current and max amount of PM messages.
I would like to have an unlimited amount, as such functionality shouldn't be limited, but man can never know.
So how does it look generally ?
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
I currently have around 120-150 PMs in my inbox here, so that's not a problem.

I found that there's a default limit set to 100 in pun_pm, not sure if Chris uses that here. If yes, he possibly pumped up the value.
polyfragmented Wrote:I found that there's a default limit set to 100 in pun_pm, not sure if Chris uses that here.
Just confirming we use pun_pm, I don’t have enough access to tell you about the limit though. I believe there is one and I hit it once. But it might have changed since then, my inbox has been very empty lately.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
i don't believe in no limits, so i just bumped it to 400 inbox and 400 outbox. It had been set at 200 for both until now.
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
ohh good to know. PM messages on BBS were limited by default to 50, and to be honest is a joke (with latest ipb3 and vb4 it was raised to 100 afair).
I asked to be sure if 100 messages isn't the highest limit here, but 400 in/out amount is very comfortable Smile
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad