Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iFrame Problem
Hi Everybody - I face the following problem:

I need to include an iFrame in my Content-Area - so I switch to the Code-View, paste the Code for the iFrame and save everything - and up to now everything works fine. The iFrame ist displayed correctly.

But: if I open the Page again - the iFrame ist gone - substituted by

<p>&nbsp;</p>

Is there any way to avoid this? I need to ensure that the iFrame stays in Place even if my client changes something else on this page.

Help ist very much appreciated!

BigWill
try using the code in a component instead.

create a new component.
paste the Iframe code into it
then use the component in you template.

Mike
My Github Repos: Github
Thank you very much for the quick reply.

But if I put the iFrame into a component and put that component in my template - the iFrame would be in every single page, right?

My Problem is that I need this iFrame in only one single page - if this is possible with components in the template, I don't know how to do it.

Again your help would be very much appreciated Wink

BigWill
Will,

You could make a new template, and only place that component in the new template. for example:

1. Copy template.php to iframe-template.php.
2. Add the component code to iframe-template.php
3. For the only page that needs the iframe, choose iframe-template.php in the page options dropdown called "page template"
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
ccagle8 Wrote:You could make a new template, and only place that component in the new template.

This is a cumbersome approach to this problem. There are lots of widgets (calendars, RSS feeds, youtube video, etc.) that come in the form of iframes or embed tags.

I thought GetSimple was stripping it out. Turns out, it is TinyMCE. You can disable the HTML editor in the settings. Of course, that might defeat your purpose in running a CMS. Then you'll be able to add embed/iframe tags. Or, you can toggle the editor and add these special tags. With limited testing, I've been able to make modifications with TinyMCE after adding these unmanaged tags. I just have to toggle the editor off before I save the page. It's a bit quirky. But, it seems workable. There may be a fancier WYSIWYG editor that could help here and not trash certain, unmanaged
tags.

TinyMCE's extended_valid_elements options might help with this issue. But, I see that Chris is moving towards another editor anyhow V 2.0. http://wiki.moxiecode.com/index.php/Tiny...d_elements
correct, CKEditor is in release 2.0 because of all the problems with TinyMCE. Please test with the beta3 release to see if it behaves any better.
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
(2009-10-26, 20:22:08)ccagle8 Wrote: Will,

You could make a new template, and only place that component in the new template. for example:

1. Copy template.php to iframe-template.php.
2. Add the component code to iframe-template.php
3. For the only page that needs the iframe, choose iframe-template.php in the page options dropdown called "page template"

This is an old topic, but I have the same problem. I understood that I have to make a new template.php inside the theme and I know how to create a new component, but I didn't understand how to add this component to the new template (iframe-template.php) only. Can you explain to me please? I'm a beginner ..
In your template you write  <?php get_component('name'); ?>  (but with the component's name).
In the back end under Theme - Edit Components it gives you the code if you want to copy and paste.
(2016-11-02, 23:06:24)Timbow Wrote: In your template you write  <?php get_component('name'); ?>  (but with the component's name).
In the back end under Theme - Edit Components it gives you the code if you want to copy and paste.

Ok Timbow, this is done!! Big Grin  An other step has been taken. I'm writing my notes not to forget anything. When I've learned all right, I'll do a guide in Italian for my users, because GetSimple is unique and different from all other CMS. I like it.
Thank you very much..
The original poster needed the iframe in the content area. It sounds like the editor was different then and this would not work.
The current editor includes an iframe button for adding iFrame to pages (content area), if you set the toolbar up.

I do not remember if it is included in the "advanced" toolbar, but if not then you can use the "full" toolbar and display all tools.

The wiki does not mention "full", but simply replace the word advanced with the word full to use it.
http://get-simple.info/wiki/how_to:edito...n_toolbars
Big Grin 
Hello Raeven. I know the advanced editor and I have already activated it, but I did not realize that there is an option for iframe. Tomorrow I look. Now is the time to sleep in Italy :-)). Ciao and thank you. You are all very kind ..
please do not necropost to ancient threads. Start new ones, this thread is from 2009
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix