Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Edit In Place - New Plugin
I have started creating a new plugin using the jquery "edit in place" plugin for ckeditor..

As the title states, it enables users who are logged into the admin panel, to edit the pages from the front-end.

It seems to be working perfect with all my tests, however, before I upload it to the extend I would like some feedback.

If anyone is interested in this plugin and can take the time to respond with your feedback, it would be much appreciated.

Areas Of Concern (Before I Upload To Extend):
  • Security: Any suggestions to improve security? Or does it need to be improved?
  • Existing CKEDITOR: I was unable to figure out how to use the ckeditor from the admin panel so I just included a new ckeditor with the plugin. Would this be a big issue to anyone? Would it be possible to use the ckeditor from the admin panel without core edits?
  • Expanded Features: I thought about adding the ability to edit the meta tags and other page info via a fixed positioned sidebar or topbar. Any votes on this?

My biggest concern is keeping it just as secure as the backend, so if anyone has any pointers or suggestions in relation to that, please let me know.

The Plugin Is Attached To This Thread

To Install Drag the contents of the zip file into your plugins folder.
Mikeh,

concerning the editor: all the configuration of the editor is done at these places:

- in the gsconfig.php
- in \admin\template\js\ckeditor\config.js
- maybe in additional configuration but this would be defined in the gseditor-options in gsconfig.php

so if you read these 2 configurations you will get an identical editor to the admin editor
it's possible to have more than one editor instances running (an open editor in the backend and one in the frontend, if there are no naming conflicts so use another name for that editor text-area

Cheers, Connie
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
cool plugin. until the site is not indexed by search engines, you can allow the editor to edit or write text without access to the admin panel. news articles are not edited, but the gallery is breaking.
and after saving the code looks like this
Code:
<p>
    ÃÂ’ <span data-scayt_word="версии" data-scaytid="2">версии</span> 3.0 <span data-scayt_word="есть" data-scaytid="3">есть</span> <span data-scayt_word="возможность" data-scaytid="4">возможность</span> <span data-scayt_word="отключать" data-scaytid="5">отключать</span> и <span data-scayt_word="включать" data-scaytid="6">включать</span> <span data-scayt_word="плагины" data-scaytid="7">плагины</span>, <span data-scayt_word="поэтому" data-scaytid="8">поэтому</span> для <span data-scayt_word="быстрого" data-scaytid="9">быстрого</span> <span data-scayt_word="редактирования" data-scaytid="10">редактирования</span> <span data-scayt_word="страниц" data-scaytid="11">страниц</span>, <span data-scayt_word="например" data-scaytid="12">например</span>, <span data-scayt_word="сторонним" data-scaytid="13">сторонним</span> <span data-scayt_word="редактором" data-scaytid="14">редактором</span> <span data-scayt_word="этот" data-scaytid="15">этот</span> <span data-scayt_word="плагин" data-scaytid="16">плагин</span> <span data-scayt_word="может" data-scaytid="18">может</span> <span data-scayt_word="очень" data-scaytid="19">очень</span> <span data-scayt_word="пригодиться" data-scaytid="20">пригодиться</span>, <span data-scayt_word="потому" data-scaytid="21">потому</span> что нет <span data-scayt_word="необходимости" data-scaytid="22">необходимости</span> давать доступ в админку посторонним людям. После того как текст будет отредактирован <span data-scayt_word="плагин" data-scaytid="17">плагин</span> можно просто отключить.</p>
http://chaga-mushroom.com/1/test
Thank you Connie and Oleg for your feedback.

I will try and figure out how to get the standard editor working in the frontend.

I also figured out why it broke the gallery for you oleg, thanks for pointing that out.