Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attention: I Removed All "0 Post" Users from This Forum
Sorry if I removed anyone that was a legitimate user (no posts, just an onlooker). Over the last week or so we've been inundated with spam registrations (some days the count was over 100!).
  • We first tried a all of the available PunBB anti-spam registration plugins... and they failed miserably.
  • We then tried changing all links to be "no-follow". The spammers haven't cared yet...

The last step I could make was the simply delete these spammers, but there was no easy way to tell someone who is a real person and has made 0 posts, and a spam account that has made 0 posts.

If you were one of the 3530 users that I just deleted, I apologize. Please sign up again, and this time please introduce yourself in either this post, or in the offtopic forum.

To the spammers that have been hammering this site lately.... we will not give up (especially Connie)

Note: This will probably be an ongoing cleanup that happens every couple months or so. So please, if you sign up for an account - please say something... I would hate to delete good visitors again.

Take Care,
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
We noticed that nearly 99,9% of the spam registrations registered with yahoo-email-adresses.

So please understand that we are suspicious on new users with usernames which consist of letters and numbers to equal parts, have yahoo-adresses and show link-spam in the signature ;=)
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Very sad.

Found an interesting forum-post about it:

http://forum.textpattern.com/viewtopic.php?id=36314

with the following:

Quote:Once your forum gets on a spam list, it never stops. I had a PunBB forum over at PHPXref.net, took it down months ago, I still get an incredible amount of traffic on it, dumb scripts I guess.

One suggestion I made a while back is to remove the Powered By PunBB footer and Copyright line, this will prevent the forum getting on any other further lists.

Well maybe you allready know this and also tested the new antispam plugin mentioned in that topic. So just for the info.
CC: I have no idea if punBB offers such functionality, but if you allow to post new thread, or a reply not earlier than 1.5 hour after registering accounts, autospam-created threads should be cut by min. 70%.
We still underestimate hired people to spam highly ranked forums.
And GS forum is on of those Wink
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
@datiswous - thanks for that... nice find!

@yojoe - there are a lot of things i am wishing PunBB has... at this point im willing to change the whole forum over to an actually "updated" piece of code... PunBB sat forever and got behind in technology (spammer technology)
- Chris

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
are there any ways of moving punBB-data to another forum software?

Please don't think of using SimpleMachinesForum, that's a spammer victim / honeypot as well

Cheers, Connie
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
There's barely a 100% working solution for all BBS-es, and every script suffers from spammers registering hundreds of accounts day by day.
Vanilla BBS took my attention and I see that those guys are doing their best to make their script as spammers free as possible.

They released a plugin and seems it's doing its job pretty good
http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comm...ent_140777

About migration:
http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/9942...-2/#Item_2
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
If you were going to switch forums I'd have to agree with yoyoe and go with vanillaforums.

Used it on a project before and it was a breeze to install/configure.
My Github Repos: Github
i agree guys... its just so hard b/c the authentication for Extend and the Wiki are tied to punbb... UGH! what a pain these spammers are...
- Chris

I just joined this forum. I feel this cms is really simple and it will help in my works as a website designer. I started testing this cms and feels more comfortable in 'getting simple'. As I am taking a learning curve, I dont have post something serious now. I am going through others post and learning simple ways.

Thanks
welcome here!
|--

Confuscious say: Father of three children must have healthy spam count... ') Been punting GS to everyone I come across and singing it's praises from the rooftops. It's just getting better and better. Oh, and I just +1'd you, too. G+ and GS - nice combo. Keep up the good work, mate.
PS, in your Carsonified interview you mentioned v3.1 (but DL is v3), was that a typo, or are you holding back?
3.1 isnt ready for the masses yet.... if you goto the download page, you have the ability to download the beta
- Chris

ccagle8 Wrote:3.1 isnt ready for the masses yet.... if you goto the download page, you have the ability to download the beta

I know this isn't the correct thread - but is there a timeline for public release of 3.1? (Even something very general (X quarter of 20xx, etc.)
Nothing is set yet for 3.1 - but it doesn't need to much more work to be finished. Some user testing and the menu drag n drop feature still need to be done, but that's about it.
- Chris

hello Wink
HI i am new member here Smile
Hi, I registered today to ask something about the register_plugin() function, but I noticed it was nicely commented in one of the plugins I had installed :p

So I'll post here to not get my account deleted.
J-Gamer Wrote:Hi, I registered today to ask something about the register_plugin() function, but I noticed it was nicely commented in one of the plugins I had installed :p

So I'll post here to not get my account deleted.

you are welcome!
|--

Thanks for Getsimple - I am a regular TYPO3 developer and I think that Getsimple is a perfect alternative for very small projects .

Anyway, now I introduced myself here and hope not to be deleted futurewise Smile.
TYPO3 Web development martinterber.com
ccagle8 Wrote:So please, if you sign up for an account - please say something... I would hate to delete good visitors again.

OK, here goes: I stumbled across GS a while ago and was mightily impressed! I have checked out quite a number of CMS solutions over the years, looking for something that would be easy enough to set up and maintain, and yet powerful enough to do what I want. Joomla and WordPress have been close but never really did it for me. GS, however, was love at first sight... :-)

Thanks, guys! Jolly impressive!

Cheers,

Koenig