Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small mistake in English language file.
Although it should be of nil use for most people, that probably being the reason no one spotted it, there is a small error with emphasising the accesskey of a link in the English language file. This has probably through there found its way into most of the translations too. I spotted it in the Dutch translation when I was rewriting parts of it and when cross-checking with the English translation versus the GetSimple code I realised it must be wrong.

Line 342 and 343 of “\admin\lang\en_US.php”:
Code:
"SIDE_EDIT_THEME"   =>   "Edit <em>T</em>heme",
"SIDE_CHOOSE_THEME" =>   "Choose <em>T</em>heme",

This should be corrected with the following:
Code:
"SIDE_EDIT_THEME"   =>   "Edit T<em>h</em>eme",
"SIDE_CHOOSE_THEME" =>   "Choose <em>T</em>heme",

The edit theme link has the letter H as accesskey.

Even though it’s a small problem I still think it should be mentioned. I would like to ask the translators to check their translations for this too!
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Thanks for finding this. I will get it changed. unfortunately there will be a couple new languages tweaks with GS ver 2.0 because of the newly added functionality such as the image control panel and simplified install procedure. Not many, but a few...
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Can we translators get a go at it before the real release of it? Might be a good move, especially if you are going to offer the different languages in the installation.

(Are languages supported by the installation in the current version? Couldn’t view the Dutch translations during installation even though the strings are present in localisation files.)
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Yeah, once I finalize the strings, I am going to put it out there for the translators. I should be close to getting one out there soon, but i want to make sure that it is final so I dont have to go back out to the translators twice for double work.

Yes - that was one of the main adds on the install - languages being used at installation
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!