Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multisite
I have several (by several about 20 and growing) installations of Get Simple on my server. I was curious if there was any multisite plugin where there would be one main site and several sub sites. Almost like the old Wordpress MU.

Thanks
bcwebdes Wrote:I have several (by several about 20 and growing) installations of Get Simple on my server. I was curious if there was any multisite plugin where there would be one main site and several sub sites. Almost like the old Wordpress MU.

Thanks

Good day. I am just curious (actually was also thinking about this for something like pagelime if I am correct). do you want to have the whole system shared or just the theme pages and then the installation is still seperate
to keep the page files seperate ? Or you thinking one install with multi user login for seperate pages ? reason I think second one can be harder is how to split the url's between the multiuser this needs to be lower down controlled, where a central theme for multi-site is easier to implement (something I am working on actually) .

Tx

Johannes Pretorius
Stopped developing on GS Plugins. Anybody welcome to take the projects over. Thanks for all the support all.
Well, each website would have a different theme, but I would prefer there to be just one control panel. While multiuser would be nice, it really is not a big deal.

Directory structure might be something like:

http://website.com
- website.com/site1 or site1.website.com
- website.com/site2 or site2.website.com
- etc

/public_html (with main install)
/public_html/site1
/public_html/site2

I have no idea if something like this is possible. I'm mainly the only editor of the websites, but it would be nice to centrally control everything from one control panel.

Hopefully that made sense Smile
Makes sense yes, multiple sites on main domain. I think it can be done, but will take some thinking.
Thought more you meant multi domain in the sense of having a web server that host multiple domains as in
www.fffff.com and www.vvvv.com and then went all of them to read from one source gs install to save space, that is tricky as to direct the traffic is more low level down I believe than for GS to control. But subdomain wise I think there can be chance..
Stopped developing on GS Plugins. Anybody welcome to take the projects over. Thanks for all the support all.
Thanks for your replies! Do you have any idea how I could either make something like that or find a plugin somewhere?
you could do this way:

/website.com - is just sigle page manually created.
/.htaccess
/sub/site1
/sub/site2
/sub/site3

Then you must hack core. Means choose site administration to access.Also all sub sites must be in same dir and you must rewrite paths with htaccess. That is a lot of work.

There are solution with curl. Create separate admin page and access to different admin control panels.
I quickly did this today. not finished yet but might be what you are starting to look for.

http://get-simple.info/forum/topic/2234/...ubdomains/

have test site to get idea.

but still a few stuff to add
Cool, I'll take a look at it. Thanks for taking the time to look into this for me! Smile