Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dominion Mp3 Player Ultimate
Good day.

Thanks to work of Mp3 Player Extended and input from Marc and Others I have decided to create this new version for GS 3 and up.

This version of Mp3 player is little different in the sense that it allows multi different players to select from as the player you want to use to play your mp3 files. Basically the plugin has a extend base (plugin base) that each type of player can be written seperatetly on how it must show and create the player and add it headers etc. The idea is that this plugin can extend any audio player and in future media player without really changing the base but just adding the plugin you want.

I have attached the first one with the default player here. Will add more info as I go on.

Please let me know how it works in browser and if any funnies popup.

Thanks

Johannes Pretorius
Stopped developing on GS Plugins. Anybody welcome to take the projects over. Thanks for all the support all.
Version 0.2b with Dr Player
GS : 3.0

K this version has 2 types of mp3 players you can select from under the Plugins-> Mp3 Player Ultimate
Option (Note it will give you preview of player also)

You can also now have multiple files in ONE tag. this is if you want to create a playlist for that tag.
For example this tag has multiple files

(% mp3:mp3/xecutionerstyle.mp3;mp3/xecutionerstyle2.mp3;mp3/xecutionerstyle3.mp3 %).

and this one only has 1 file

(% mp3:mp3/xecutionerstyle.mp3 %)

files are seperated with ;

If somebody can give it a test please and see how it works in the browsers etc please.

thanks

Johannes

Look for latest file at end of forum list
Stopped developing on GS Plugins. Anybody welcome to take the projects over. Thanks for all the support all.
http://chaga-mushroom.com/1/
it seems everything is working, single file from the folder, looked at Mozilla, Opera, Chrome, Safari, IE in Windows ...is only the default player, the second player does not work
Oleg06 Wrote:http://chaga-mushroom.com/1/
it seems everything is working, single file from the folder, looked at Mozilla, Opera, Chrome, Safari, IE in Windows ...is only the default player, the second player does not work

got it thanks. I assumed jQuery would be loaded , was not.
Wonder how I can control this.. will have to add tickbox to add jQuery if required. On my box my
other plugins load jquery for me that why I did not notice it

thanks will fix now

Johannes
Oleg06 Wrote:http://chaga-mushroom.com/1/

hi there. Okay new version. Under the Plugin Config there is now tickbox to select if jQuery must be added or not. For the other player, just add the tickbox and it is suppose to work then

Thanks for testing

Johannes
Sorry forgot to add the file.
Johannes,

I tested the first variant, having my mp3-file in the directory /uploads/mp3 and it was just simple playing.
As this is what my client/friend needs in his page, I am so glad

I wll test other variant in the next time, as well as play lists

I want to tell you that I feel so glad that we now have a good working MP3-Integration in GS which gives us the ability to sort the upload-files and keep them in different folders and also to choose between different players

I thank you for your effort in the last days and I see again the spirit of GetSimple!

Cheers, Connie
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Connie Wrote:Johannes,

I tested the first variant, having my mp3-file in the directory /uploads/mp3 and it was just simple playing.
As this is what my client/friend needs in his page, I am so glad

I wll test other variant in the next time, as well as play lists

I want to tell you that I feel so glad that we now have a good working MP3-Integration in GS which gives us the ability to sort the upload-files and keep them in different folders and also to choose between different players

I thank you for your effort in the last days and I see again the spirit of GetSimple!

Cheers, Connie

Hi there.

Glad to hear it helps

Thanks for your testing and hope it can help. And once again sorry for my outburst earlier .

Have a good day

Johannes
Hi Johannes - this is getting really amazing! and thank you for the credit in the plugin! Your programming chops are amazing;

One thing i discovered is that on line 25 of the file dominion-mp3-default-extend.php, there needs to be a space after the 'FlashVars', otherwise the page won't validate;

also for anyone who wants to speed up their pages, you can load the google ajax library, above the
Code:
<?php get header(); ?>
and then disable the jquery loading in the plugin parameters:
Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.6.2/jquery.min.js"></script>

i'm experiencing some issues with the Dr player, some quirkiness with it starting the wrong player, and it is for some reason displaying too close to the left margin on my template..

also i'm not sure if it is necessary, but i'm wondering if anyone knows if loading google swfobject.js would help with the flash aspects of these mp3 players;

Regards,
Marc
Hi there Marc

thanks for the feedback. Yes I did DrPlayer just to give indication of how a plugin can quickly be done
for the system.

Will fix the FlashVars thanks.

Will when I have time look into swogbjects, first have to do daytime work Big Grin

have a good day

Johannes
Hi there.

v 0.2d

Fixed FlashVars as per suggestion, thanks
Added Test implementation of swfobjects for the default player. Seems to work, have disabled my flash etc
and it works as would expect. IE the flash seemed bigger that suppose to be.

Also note to develop extend plugin for the mp3plugin base.

All plugins are in diretory

plugins/dominion-mp3player/plugins/

All plugins must extend
plugins/dominion-mp3player/dominion-mp3player-extention_base.php

to let system know your plugin exist and what is its info you must create a ini file with extention .mp3reg
Example file
Quote:#Note this is a registration file for a mp3 extention.
#do not change the case of the key's or names as it is used internally in a array
#just add your values to them for registration.
name=Default MP3 Player
screenshot=default.jpg
description=The default mp3 player used for GS
classname=DominionMp3Player_DefaultPlayer
filename=dominion-mp3-default-extend.php
author=Johannes Pretorius
version=0.1
This will tell the sytem everything to know about your plugin.
The reason I do it this way is to save on loading plugins and source that is not required and a waiste or that can create funnies even if not used at all or clash with others code. In short. it is to make sure only the required PHP files are loaded when needed.

Screenshot of your player can be placed here (filename specified in registration file)
plugins/dominion-mp3player/plugins/screenshots/

The shared folder to store player javascripts and flash files etc etc is prefered to be here

plugins/dominion-mp3player/player/

Can make subdir for your player if prefer to keep tidy, those in root is suppose to be for shared, general use

Hope this helps and make sense.

thanks

Johannes
plugin works well
Oleg06 Wrote:plugin works well

Thanks as always for testing.
Can you please tell me why the mp3 player is displaying the file name like: i-care-4-u.mp3 & not I Care For You?

http://aikasoul.com/test/index.php?id=sample
josiebaby Wrote:Can you please tell me why the mp3 player is displaying the file name like: i-care-4-u.mp3 & not I Care For You?

hi there. I did not code for it to display nice, will add the code and upload a update soon
tx
josiebaby Wrote:Can you please tell me why the mp3 player is displaying the file name like: i-care-4-u.mp3 & not I Care For You?

Try this one.

tx
dominionit Wrote:

Try this one.

tx

Thank you!!!!!
Ok, now that you have fixed that, what about play & pause buttons at the top like the original dr.player? And how can we go about styling the player to make it our own? I see that you can style it in the jquery file as well as the css file...which one should be used?
how to make auto start? and how to insert in the sidebar?
josiebaby Wrote:Ok, now that you have fixed that, what about play & pause buttons at the top like the original dr.player? And how can we go about styling the player to make it our own? I see that you can style it in the jquery file as well as the css file...which one should be used?

sorry somehow missed your post.

I think the css is a safer option. will look for the buttons, maybe have a dr player alternative
stania Wrote:how to make auto start? and how to insert in the sidebar?

Sidebar : Currently it just made for content, will have to make new version with alternative call that can be added to sidebar or other places with direct php call as needed.

Autostart : will need to be done with javascript, will try and look at just hammer with time, what player you want to use, default or dr player ?

tx
Howdy!

I just started checking out the Get Simple and Dominion MP3 -player. So far so good Smile but i'm having one minor problem. In the Dr. Player there's a possibility of song lists. I managed to put several mp3's back to back, but how can i make them to show the artist names + song names like in the screenshot (of the player) that comes with it.

I tried changing the settings, the mp3-file or the mp3 id-tags etc. but nothing worked. In the screenshot it looks just like i'd like it to Smile but how can i manage to do it like that?

(I upload the screenshot that comes with the player for reference).
Hi, bit of a problem here...

Song duration does not show up with Dr Player (see attachment). Only the dot visible.

Also, Dr Player messes up layout and I can't find out why... nothing wrong if I use default player, every div stay where they should. Some extra </div> somewhere maybe in Dr Player coding?

Btw, should there be a playlist visible using the default player? Right now, showing only one song.

This seems like the perfect plugin for my band's website, just these minor probs.
I'll do another template and test some more, but it'd be great if someone can point to me where to start correcting these problems.
Does anyone use this Dr. Player at all? And any ideas how to "pretty up" the way the mp3-files are showed? (currently they're showing with the file name and extension and changing the ID tags doesn't make any difference either).
I've just installed it... seems to work great!

http://www.peglegtango.com/music/

Thanks!