Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Events plugin
Is anyone working on an event plugin? I have found every single events plugin breaks the site and so decided to start one myself. Anyone working on the same maybe we can work together. I am thinking something along the lines of CMS Made Simple Events plugin. Only thing i have conceptualized as yet is how to filter events and still keep the xml entry and secondly, how to flush the xml entries that are passed?
connellhunte Wrote:Is anyone working on an event plugin? I have found every single events plugin breaks the site and so decided to start one myself. Anyone working on the same maybe we can work together. I am thinking something along the lines of CMS Made Simple Events plugin. Only thing i have conceptualized as yet is how to filter events and still keep the xml entry and secondly, how to flush the xml entries that are passed?

Hi there. The Blog system I did has a option to basically add news entries (events) by date. This can be extended to drop off those that has gona past easily. Dont think one always will want to delete the entries from xml but just not show as some might want to view past events.

This might be something one can look on changing to meet your requirements ?

http://get-simple.info/forum/topic/1131/...ws-system/

Johannes
Stopped developing on GS Plugins. Anybody welcome to take the projects over. Thanks for all the support all.
Personally, why worry about file and event handling. Interface into Google calendars, let them manage the events and just display what they give you.

I'd love to have an event plugin that uses google calendars.
phpWalter Wrote:Personally, why worry about file and event handling. Interface into Google calendars, let them manage the events and just display what they give you.

I'd love to have an event plugin that uses google calendars.

There is a jQuery plugin that can do that I am going to work on it soon for a other project
I have to do , but I can maybe see if I can make a quick plugin from it also, it can do its own
data files for events or interface with google as needed as I remember.
Stopped developing on GS Plugins. Anybody welcome to take the projects over. Thanks for all the support all.