Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Request] Client Login Plugin (Details inside)
Hi there,
my second request for today... If I could (also) learn PHP I wasn't asking for these..
Anyway, I need to make a Client Page which will be a Login page to a group of pages which will be:
Client Files (Yes the plugin), Client-Designer Chat (Actually a kind of comment system, I'll try the External Commenting plugin) and project\s status page.
To access all these pages the client will need to put in his Client # (just a user-name made of numbers...) and his password.
Then he will be re-directed to a main page of all the above.

Actually, the first question is: Is that possible using GetSimple? Because I couldn't do that alone, or with my team (Actually, at the moment it's the same XD)...

PS. Each client will have his own sub-directory named after his ID, inside it there will be all the data of the above.

Thanks and have a nice day,
TDT-Alpha.
http://Blog.TDT-Alpha.com/
(Website will be replaced soon, with an image database made with GS)
This would work with just the client files plugin.

You can create a private page with the slug clientpage_[client name] and the contents of this page will be displayed before the list of client files, once the client is logged in.

The external comments plugin can be called using optional parameters to uniquely identify each client's login and provide different comments to each user. I can play a bit and give the specifics for this configuration if you want.

-Rob A>
RobA Wrote:This would work with just the client files plugin.

You can create a private page with the slug clientpage_[client name] and the contents of this page will be displayed before the list of client files, once the client is logged in.

The external comments plugin can be called using optional parameters to uniquely identify each client's login and provide different comments to each user. I can play a bit and give the specifics for this configuration if you want.

-Rob A>

That's exactly what I've been looking for... Working on it! When I'll need you, should I P.M you?
Thanks!
Edit:
Doesn't really work, where should I put the clientpage_(#).html?
TDT-Alpha Wrote:

-Rob A>

That's exactly what I've been looking for... Working on it! When I'll need you, should I P.M you?
Thanks!
Edit:

Unfortunately, after a bit of playing, it looks like this can;t be done on the page, as the page doesn't "know" what client is lggged in in an easy manner.

ive found the only way to do it is similar to the suggestion for the news manager.

You can add the line:
Code:
$clientfiles_content .= return_external_comments( return_page_slug() . ':' . $client, get_page_url(True) . '?client=' . $client, return_page_title(). ' ' . $client);

to the clientfile plugin either at line 577 (before the logout button) or after line 581 (after the logout button):

Code:
**here**
      // logout form
      $clientfiles_content .= '<form name="logout" action="#clientlogout" method="post">';
      $clientfiles_content .= '<input type="submit" name="submitlogout" value="Client Log Out" />';
      $clientfiles_content .= '</form></br>';  
     ** or here **
    }

Please note that because of the way the external commenting providers work, these comments will not be private in any sense of the word, so may not meet your needs.

-Rob A>
RobA Wrote:
TDT-Alpha Wrote:

-Rob A>

Thanks!
Edit:

Unfortunately, after a bit of playing, it looks like this can;t be done on the page, as the page doesn't "know" what client is lggged in in an easy manner.

ive found the only way to do it is similar to the suggestion for the news manager.

You can add the line:
Code:
$clientfiles_content .= return_external_comments( return_page_slug() . ':' . $client, get_page_url(True) . '?client=' . $client, return_page_title(). ' ' . $client);

to the clientfile plugin either at line 577 (before the logout button) or after line 581 (after the logout button):

Code:
**here**
      // logout form
      $clientfiles_content .= '<form name="logout" action="#clientlogout" method="post">';
      $clientfiles_content .= '<input type="submit" name="submitlogout" value="Client Log Out" />';
      $clientfiles_content .= '</form></br>';  
     ** or here **
    }

Please note that because of the way the external commenting providers work, these comments will not be private in any sense of the word, so may not meet your needs.

-Rob A>

What you suggested made me get an "error 500"... No matter what I've done...
Here is a zip of my file with this change.

-Rob A>
RobA Wrote:Here is a zip of my file with this change.

-Rob A>
Placed the file, still gets 500 Error.
1st, the fancy URLs is off because it doesn't work for me... Say that you used a fancy URL in the code..
And 2nd, where should I put the files of the client?

BTW: Why did you put in "external comments"? Please make it step by step, I didn't even install the External Comments system because you (the community..) said that it won't be private...

Edit: Installed the "External Commenting" and now all it shows (besides that there's no Error 500 anymore) is "Powered by External Commenting" or stuff like that..

Edit: Set up the comment system and it's working, I'm using the Intense Debate system, which I think will be a little un-understandable for my clients, but that's what I've got at the moment. *Actually I can use another comment system... Without the "External Commenting", right? I just need to place the code instead of what you gave me - Can I? I mean, it's per client, I don't know...

Edit: It's alright, you can close the thread...