Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
php 5.2 requirements for 3.0 and 3.1B
Hello,
Firstly, thank you vey much for creating this CMS software.
I have been considering to use Get-simple in a simple website with a few pages.
I saw php 5.2 requirements for 3.0 and 3.1B during the installation. But, this error doesn't stop installation at a server with php 5.1.6, also I'm testing at localhost.
I searched on this forum, but couldn't find a similar topic. I wonder, if that would be a problem if I try use getsimple at a server with php 5.1.6 or < php 5.2.
Thanks

saksu
there might be a couple more, but we use the filter_var functions ...

the CMS might be usable at 5.1.6, but we definitely recommend and only support 5.2 and higher.
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
I searched filter_var in cms files, it appers to be a proble on admin panel. That is acceptable for me.

Code:
/var/www/wcrl3# find . -exec grep -q "filter_var" '{}' \; -print
./admin/template/error_checking.php
./admin/inc/basic.php
./admin/inc/template_functions.php
Hello there,

I installed getSimple on a server with php 5.1.6 myself, and so far it runs okay. The only problems I had were with setting the password for the admin. When I try, I am told that I need to change the CHMOD, which I did, and that the process was not successful. I tried to log in though, and the password WAS changed - so it works, I just get the error message anyways.

I haven't had any other problems, and I hope it stays that way. I don't have the power to decide which host to use and I doubt there'll be a change soon... and I like getSimple!