Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multi site plugin - plugin config problem
Good day.

I am working on a multi site plugin that will allow one to edit mutliple sites from one admin
console and also that will allow you to host all sites on the one server and they will all display differently

I did this as a trail for more a reseller type solution and to test a theory (not going this route for the plugin
as it needs to be a plugin and not different system)
but I had the same problem than I have now

http://get-simple.info/forum/topic/2234/...ubdomains/

Basically the problem is the config of the plugins, each plugin can control its config as it wants that is fine
but with multi site it is required that it needs to be seperate. The plugins can still all be where they are
and as they are, but the config on its own.

I would prefer if we can add a define in GS that will define where the plugin dir is for plugins to store
the configurable data. Will need a hook before that to manupilate the variable that will define if it
is multisite or just normal, but this will help alot for then call plugins can just read and write to for example

GSPLUGINCONFIGPATH."myplugin/settings.cfg";

for example where GSPLUGINCONFIGPATH will be build up as

define('GSPLUGINCONFIGPATH', get_root_path(). 'plugins/config/'.$multisite);

and $multisite will be blank for normal installs without plugin and set by hook before the define with plugin.

Basically this is the one thing that is really that I cannot get arround, all the others like pages, themese etc per sit I can work with.

What I want to know if I might be looking at this wrong ? And if not if this type of solution that can be added to the GS core ?

Thanks for any feedback

Johannes
Stopped developing on GS Plugins. Anybody welcome to take the projects over. Thanks for all the support all.
Have made the plugin with a possible solution if it can be accepted.

http://get-simple.info/forum/topic/2265/...te-plugin/
Stopped developing on GS Plugins. Anybody welcome to take the projects over. Thanks for all the support all.