Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What plugin to do next ? GS auto update / Plugin browser/install ?
Good day.

Want to work on a subproject when I am bored and have time and dont know what really to do. Not in mood for the big redo of the blog system and cart system as there is alot of work and I need to set time aside for it.

But I was wondering if a GS auto update plugin can be usefull saw on some reviews sites comments that people made is they would like to see that.

And also with the new Browse Plugins button in Gs 3.1 I thought of making a plugin browser and autoinstaller as with my Adv Theme selector

http://get-simple.info/forum/topic/2230/...al-themes/

but dunno what the thoughts are dont want to waste time on stuff that wont be of use to people ?

Any thoughts ?

Thanks

Johannes
Stopped developing on GS Plugins. Anybody welcome to take the projects over. Thanks for all the support all.
dominionit Wrote:Good day.

Want to work on a subproject when I am bored and have time and dont know what really to do. Not in mood for the big redo of the blog system and cart system as there is alot of work and I need to set time aside for it.

But I was wondering if a GS auto update plugin can be usefull saw on some reviews sites comments that people made is they would like to see that.

And also with the new Browse Plugins button in Gs 3.1 I thought of making a plugin browser and autoinstaller as with my Adv Theme selector

http://get-simple.info/forum/topic/2230/...al-themes/

but dunno what the thoughts are dont want to waste time on stuff that wont be of use to people ?

Any thoughts ?

Thanks

Johannes

For my clients I have my own implementation of a plugin downloader and auto-updater. However, the core files of the plugins and the cms reside on my server. It would most likely have to be the same situation for a plugin in extend. The files would have to be on someones private server. I was going to upload my implementation to extend but assumed people would be skeptical about downloading files and php scripts from a third party server.
mikeh Wrote:For my clients I have my own implementation of a plugin downloader and auto-updater. However, the core files of the plugins and the cms reside on my server. It would most likely have to be the same situation for a plugin in extend. The files would have to be on someones private server. I was going to upload my implementation to extend but assumed people would be skeptical about downloading files and php scripts from a third party server.

hi there. actually on a subprojected started on this where I pull the all plugins page from GS webpage (seems there is no API call for that) and want to give that as a dataset for the client to search and select from and auto download. Think people might be more acceptable of plugins that comes from GS and okayed there. and obviously seperate servers can be configured also if required but with own api for the list. Something like the Theme Selector Advance that I did for a central theme server.

But who knows , maybe somebody might find it usefull Big Grin

tx

johannes
Stopped developing on GS Plugins. Anybody welcome to take the projects over. Thanks for all the support all.