Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it possible to do this with GetSimple
Hi,

Hope this is a good place to post such a newbie question...Smile
I'm wondering if it's possible to create a site as described bellow using GetSimple.

The site should have
- A menu (for that, i guess GetSimple is a good solution Smile
- A banner image, right under the menu, that changes on every page and that takes the whole width of the page (a plugin that allows us to change the banner maybe?)
- A main content, with text and images (guess that ok too)
- An editable sidebar (plugin maybe?)
- A second menu, different from the main menu (like in the footer or something like that).

Thanks in advance for your kind answers.

Paulo
- A menu (for that, i guess GetSimple is a good solution Smile

Indeed, this feature comes with GetSimple, out of the box!

- A banner image, right under the menu, that changes on every page and that takes the whole width of the page (a plugin that allows us to change the banner maybe?)

This could easily be done by:

- using the page content
- using a per/page component (there is a plugin for this, pls search extend)
- using custom fields (plugin as well, check extend)

- A main content, with text and images (guess that ok too)

Comes with GetSimple out of the box

- An editable sidebar (plugin maybe?)

Easily done using components or child pages

- A second menu, different from the main menu (like in the footer or something like that).

Not sure about this one, but it easily be custom coded.

- Matt
Great!

Thanks Matt for your answer. Could you tell me more about the way to change the banner using page content?
Is it using css purely or is there a magic trick you know about?

Quote:Not sure about this one, but it easily be custom coded.

That's interesting. Is there some good resources for developers excepted the wiki? Maybe one of you guys would like to write a book about "programming GetSimple". I'd buy it Smile

Thanks again

Paulo.
for the second menue, study the i18N-plugin which allows multiple level menues
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Paulo Wrote:Great!

Thanks Matt for your answer. Could you tell me more about the way to change the banner using page content?
Is it using css purely or is there a magic trick you know about?

Quote:Not sure about this one, but it easily be custom coded.

That's interesting. Is there some good resources for developers excepted the wiki? Maybe one of you guys would like to write a book about "programming GetSimple". I'd buy it Smile

Thanks again

Paulo.

The banner could easily be included within the page's content and you could use some CSS (and perhaps JS if required) to get it positioned properly. Obviously the specifics will depend on the your exact site and how the template files are coded.

We'd love writing some articles to put in the Wiki, but unfortunately times is always a factor Smile

- Matt
Thanks Connie and Matt,

I'll try your suggestions.

Thanks again

Paulo