Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] No more translations in Admin Panel after adding translation.
Hi,

I've encountered a rather weird problem. I used the Translation plugin to translate the plugin Simple Image Gallery. I added the dutch language (nl_NL). After saving the file, all translations BUT the one for Simple Image Gallery were 'gone'. Everything was now {TAG_NAME} tags.

I troubleshooted the problem a little already and I found out that if I put the GetSimple language files in the Simple Image Gallery plugin language folder, I got my translations back.

It seems the system 'sees' plugins/imagegallery/lang as the 'new' folder for GetSimple language files as well.

I will check the config file for any changes, but I'm still a newbie when it comes to GS. If I fix it, I'll let you all know how.

FIX:

For now I set all languages back to English. It seems to fix the problem. I removed the GS language file from the plugin folder and everything still works.
Vincent Wrote:I've encountered a rather weird problem. I used the Translation plugin to translate the plugin Simple Image Gallery. I added the dutch language (nl_NL). After saving the file, all translations BUT the one for Simple Image Gallery were 'gone'. Everything was now {TAG_NAME} tags.

I just installed GSgallery (Simple Image Gallery) and translated it (partly) with the Translate plugin and had no such problems. However, GSgallery is only specified to work for up to GetSimple 2.03, so you better use a gallery like I18N Gallery ;-)
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
mvlcek Wrote:I just installed GSgallery (Simple Image Gallery) and translated it (partly) with the Translate plugin and had no such problems. However, GSgallery is only specified to work for up to GetSimple 2.03, so you better use a gallery like I18N Gallery ;-)

Thanks for the speedy response. As with some rare natural phenomena, I might have been just amazingly lucky to have witnessed this at all. Now I wait for another 1000 years... Wink

Thanks for the recommendations. Smile