Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
block certain pages from being edited or deleted
I'd like to request a solution to disallow users editing, and/or deleting certain pages.
Reason is simple: some pages are created with a purpose, to display certain plugin's content.
For example newsmanager or i18n search. I've seen twice that user who had access to admin panel deleted those pages, because "they didn't have any content" and he didn't want to see them.
Above mentioned plugins stopped working of course.

I'd like to have a possibility to even manually add a xml tag inside page.xml, to block it from being displayed, edited (grayed out) or deleted (having exclamation mark?) in backend.

What do you think about that ?
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
this seems like an easy plugin... Im not sure of the exact hooks, but you could probably prevent them in a quick way by checking the slug against a restricted list generated within your plugin's control panel. If matched, you could die within a hook on changedata.php

Code:
die('you dont have permissions to edit this page')

Something more elegant would be using a hook like 'header' or something within edit.php
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
ccagle8 Wrote:this seems like an easy plugin... Im not sure of the exact hooks, but you could probably prevent them in a quick way by checking the slug against a restricted list generated within your plugin's control panel. If matched, you could die within a hook on changedata.php

Code:
die('you dont have permissions to edit this page')

Something more elegant would be using a hook like 'header' or something within edit.php

It would be nice to be able to not have those pages displayed on the "Pages" table. I don't think a plugin can accomplish this though, at least not without some javascript hacks.

Example: I have pages which are meant to only be navigation items. They are blank pages used as either external links, or just used for sub-items in a dropdown menu. It would be great to be able to exclude these from the pages list, to not confuse people.

In fact it would be great to have a built in function for external links Smile
mikeh Wrote:It would be nice to be able to not have those pages displayed on the "Pages" table. I don't think a plugin can accomplish this though, at least not without some javascript hacks.

Example: I have pages which are meant to only be navigation items. They are blank pages used as either external links, or just used for sub-items in a dropdown menu. It would be great to be able to exclude these from the pages list, to not confuse people.

In fact it would be great to have a built in function for external links Smile

With the multi site version of GS 3.1 beta that I did, I added filters (is part of requested changes for plugin to work) for pages. This allows one to have plugin that can decide on if page must show to use or not. this can help in this scenario I believe,then we can filter the pages out of display list ? maybe it can help Big Grin added reason for request to maybe be accepted Big Grin
Stopped developing on GS Plugins. Anybody welcome to take the projects over. Thanks for all the support all.