Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Front End User Login Plugin (XML Or Database - ver: 3.0)
No worries as I changed it in the php file Smile
Pete

Chefbyte Services
I have re-coded this entire plugin to be faster and more efficient.
I will upload the new version this week.

Changes
  • You will now have the ability to choose to store the users in a database or xml files
  • You will have the ability to send email to any number of users at once.

If anyone has any suggestions for this plugin please tell me now, as after this version I will most likely not revisit this for months.
If you want to hide the password field with ******...
Edit the user_login.php.

Find:
Code:
<input type="text" name="password" class="user_login_password" style="" value="Password" onFocus="if(this.value == \'Password..\') {this.value = \'\';}" onBlur="if (this.value == \'\') {this.value = \'Password..\';}" />

Replace with:
Code:
<input type="password" name="password" class="user_login_password" style="" value="Password" onFocus="if(this.value == \'Password..\') {this.value = \'\';}" onBlur="if (this.value == \'\') {this.value = \'Password..\';}" />

And Save and Upload allowing overwrite.
dude,

i have following problem:
if I include a file (so I don't write a text in the editor, I include the file in the template file), nonloggedin users can see this site.

How can I change it?
Hello mikeh and All,

I am building a website where I would like a part of it to be visible only to members.

At the moment I am looking at different solutions and I am not committed to Get-Simple (although I love its simplicity).

I did a little test with the Front End User Login Plugin with some success. I like the simplicity of defining the users and showing the login form.

I have 2 questions:

1. Is there a plan to provide a logout function?

2. Is there a way to protect the components of the protected pages?
For instance, let's assume that I have a page at "http://mysite.com/index.php?id=members_who_is_who" that is flagged as members only and in that page there is a link to an image that I have uploaded.
If I try to access the page "http://mysite.com/index.php?id=members_who_is_who" I will get the message that I have to login.
If I put the path to the image directly on the address bar of the browser, the image gets displayed.

Is there a way, through the Front End User Login Plugin or otherwise to protect these images, so only users that have logged on can access them?

Regards,
GeorgiosG
this is the problem.
I also search for this - and for the secure of custom pages which includes included files.
GeorgiosG Wrote:1.  Is there a plan to provide a logout function?

There already is a logout function that is bundled into the welcome_message_login(); function.
Alternatively you can create your own by http://whateveryoursiteis.com/whateverpage?logout=yes
yes, it's also works with a non static link.

But what's with the secure? how can I [we] fix this?
Hello SlazZe,

I came up with a canning plan... well it's a bad hack really... but it works for the website that I'm putting together.

I am making 3 assumptions:
1. the website URL is http://my.site.com/
2. the path to the www directory is /var/www,
3. the path to the www directory is accessible via SSH/telnet

I installed Get-Simple:
- once in/var/www (i will call this installation Public), and
- once in another directory/var/www/members (I will call this installation Private)

After completing the installation steps for BOTH get-simple instances (including setting up the write permissions etc.) and before installing any plugins:
- I deleted the folder /var/www/members/data/users
- created a symbolic link to the users folder of the public installation using the following command
ln -s ../../data/users users
This is to eliminate the chances of out of synch admin users between the two installations.

Now my plan is to :
- modify the .htaccess file in the private installation directory to reference .htpasswd for basic HTTP basic authentication
- modify (or rather butcher) the front end plugin keeping the bare minimum required functionality, that is to to add/edit/remove users through the Get-Simple administration. Behind the scenes, I will call some code that I have written for the previous version of the site, to manipulate the data in .htpasswd

I know this is an ugly hack (adding links across the two installation can be a bit of pain), but it suits my requirements i.e. time (very little) and budget (£0... I'm doing it for a friend).

I will keep you posted.

If mikeh agrees I will upload whatever monstrosity I end up with after I butcher the front-end plug in Smile

Ciao,
GeorgiosG
I use this as more of a statistic, I added Register "& Join our mailing list."
Then instead of adding a Mailing List mod, it works for both.
www.todohomes.com if you want to see what I did.
Version 3.0 Has Been Uploaded To Extend

Changes
  • The plugin can now support xml storage or database storage (using PDO)
    * There is an option to transfer xml stored users to database
    * At any time you can chose to switch back to xml or back to database
    * There is an option to display pdo error messages
    * There is a tool on the settings page to auto create the database and table (If your host allows)
  • Fixed bug in "Add User" form
  • Password field on login form is now type password
  • Added "Help" link to plugin nav to assist in setting up and using the plugin
    * Includes an explanation of how to display content in your template files only to logged in users
  • Added fields on plugin settings page for database login information
  • You can now email all users at once or enter in your own email addresses (separated by comma).
  • Fixed various other bugs
  • Plugin was completely re-coded to make room for user login custom fields, paypal integration, and future additions

IF THE AUTO DATABASE/DATABASE TABLE CREATE FAILS::
You will have to create them yourself.
Below is the SQL coding to create the table (Change 'db_table_name_on_settings_form' to the table name you chose on settings form)
Code:
CREATE TABLE `db_table_name_on_settings_form` (
                    userID INT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
                    PRIMARY KEY(userID),
                    `Username` text,
                    `Password` text,
                    `EmailAddress` text
                    )
I should have 3.1 done within a week:
3.1 Roadmap:
  • Custom Fields to allow information to be added for users. It will have a custom fields manager similar to mvlcek's plugin and will have a checkbox to choose to insert each field into register form.
  • Paypal integration will allow you to charge users for their membership
  • Welcome Email customization to allow changing or disabling of the message sent to users upon registration.
  • "Component" type interface to create "components" which would show only to logged or not logged in users
  • Forgot Password Page to reset passwords for users

Please submit any suggestions for features or improvements now so I can try and incorporate necessary items into version 3.1
BrandonF Wrote:I use this as more of a statistic, I added Register "& Join our mailing list."
Then instead of adding a Mailing List mod, it works for both.
www.todohomes.com if you want to see what I did.
Awesome, good work and nice website.

FYI, the Items Manager can be used as a great property manager for your website. I originally created the plugin as a "Vacation Rentals Manager" (ex: here)
I have a problem with front-end user plugin. I use ARGuestbook and want to have it only for users that are logged in. I created a page with an introdutction text and {guestbook}. The introduction text is only visible for logged in users but the guestbook is alway visible. I tried version 2.6 and new version 3.0 but its always the same. Can you help me to hide the guestbook aswell? Thanks for the great work.
mig21 Wrote:created a page with an introdutction text and {guest

I see where that could be a problem. The guestbook plugin I assume replaces the page content with the guestbook content. My plugin does the same. If the user is not logged in and the page is protected it replaces the page content with the protected message. So there is a conflict. Does the guestbook also allow you to use a php tag in a template file rather then using {guestbook} ? If so you can put that php code inside the conditional example you can find at the user-management->help page.
I will ask the developer of ARGuestbook if there is a php code, that I can use instead of {guestbook}. But anyway I don't understand why it is not working. If your plugin replaces the protected page, thats exactly what I want. But the problem is, that it only replaces the introduction text and not the {guestbook} that is on the same page. See: www.industrie1.ch and click "Fundgrube3". You will find the protected message and the guestbook (its called Fundgrube) below, but there should only be the protected message. I don't think that the ARGuestbook replaces the whole page as e.g. the news manager does. I can have an introduction text and the guestbook on the same page, but only the introduction text is protected by your plugin. Any further help is highly appreciated.
i get this message when i want to add an user:

"Username Already Taken"

GetSimple: 3.1
Frontend User 3.0
FRAD Wrote:i get this message when i want to add an user:

"Username Already Taken"

GetSimple: 3.1
Frontend User 3.0
What storage method are you using?
I use xml as method
Quote:I see where that could be a problem. The guestbook plugin I assume replaces the page content with the guestbook content. My plugin does the same. If the user is not logged in and the page is protected it replaces the page content with the protected message. So there is a conflict. Does the guestbook also allow you to use a php tag in a template file rather then using {guestbook} ? If so you can put that php code inside the conditional example you can find at the user-management->help page.

one simple question:
which php code i need to make a included html file invisible for nonlogged users?

- the password function i really need! Smile
SlazZe Wrote:
Quote:I see where that could be a problem. The guestbook plugin I assume replaces the page content with the guestbook content. My plugin does the same. If the user is not logged in and the page is protected it replaces the page content with the protected message. So there is a conflict. Does the guestbook also allow you to use a php tag in a template file rather then using {guestbook} ? If so you can put that php code inside the conditional example you can find at the user-management->help page.

one simple question:
which php code i need to make a included html file invisible for nonlogged users?

- the password function i really need! Smile

I do not understand your question.
I have ticked a page as 'members only', but in this page i included a html page.
So in the template i wrote the following:

Code:
<!-- REAL CONTENT -->
       <div id="fc">
       <h3><?php get_page_title(); ?></h3>
       <p>    
       <?php include('reg.php'); ?>
       </p>
        </div>
       <!-- REAL CONTENT END -->

normaly you have

Code:
<!-- REAL CONTENT -->
       <div id="rc">
       <h3><?php get_page_title(); ?></h3>    
       <?php get_page_content(); ?>
        </div>
       <!-- REAL CONTENT END -->

the second choice nobody can see the content.
But in the first you can see the content if you don't logged in.

You said:

Quote:So there is a conflict. Does the guestbook also allow you to use a php tag in a template file rather then using {guestbook} ? If so you can put that php code inside the conditional example you can find at the user-management->help page.

As you see, I don't have a conflict. How can i set the page, that nobody nonlogged in can see?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

When do you finished the version 3.1?
And can you add a page where users can edit the passwords?
SlazZe Wrote:- - - - -

You will notice that on the User Management->help page I documented how to hide items in your template files. This should fix both of your issues:

Code:
<?php if(!empty($_SESSION['LoggedIn']))    { ?>

<?php include('reg.php'); ?>

<?php } ?>
SlazZe Wrote:When do you finished the version 3.1?
And can you add a page where users can edit the passwords?

I will add a "reset password" page in version 3.1.
FRAD Wrote:Username Already Take
Unfortunately I have been unable to replicate your problem. Which area were you attempting to add a user?
The front end or back end?