Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Front End User Login Plugin (XML Or Database - ver: 3.0)
Hello!
I was wondering if the development of this plugin has been completely abandoned or if there is any chance that someone of the great developers over here (or the original author himself) can take the baton.
IMHO, one of the major shortcomings of GS (or of its plugins) is the lack of a secure area, accessible to members only, and in which a user, after logging in, has the ability to edit his own profile.
This would open up a multitude of new possibilities for GS, from "actual" e-commerce to websites for Associations (with membership), from educational websites to the ones for document sharing, etc.
After having created dozens of sites with GS, I concluded that with this CMS you can create almost anything (and without knowing a line of code, with just a few plugins, a bit of javascript and a little of fantasy). However, there is always that problem: what is an e-commerce if a customer can not even edit his home address? And every time I get into this trouble I am the one who is most sorry to be forced to turn the development into Drupal, WP or similar.
Actually, reading along this thread, I thought that the original developer was almost there (login/logout, possibility of choosing between XML and db and on the roadmap I can read "custom fields", "paypal integration, etc.) but, unfortunately, the development has stopped and it does not seems that something similar is available somewhere else. Of course, if I am wrong, please point me in the right direction.
I am not sure if this is the right place where to post these considerations
but since I am currently working with FEUL plugin, I thought to post them here. Please, apologise if I am in the wrong place.
All the best and keep on going with the great work you are doing!
GP
plugin is verry god... it's possible in future (example without a database db....but in xml files) (?):

-login users can write a something like a contact form.. this contact form will be send data and create a post in cms admin page.. and after click "allow" or "dissalow" in admin panel this post will be visible in front - end template for all users and / or only for log'on users (i think about simple catalog what will be created on-line by users )

- create a range of users (as admin) - group of users... silver.. gold... platinium (this is example).. and add's functionality via range of user group example (gold can write and commenting a posts.... silver can only commenting pages .. ) admin can remove - change group of registered user.

- user can create a thumb minuature photo and create a own profile (intrested.. age... )

- user can delete a profile

- admin can send email create in html / template / wyswig editor for all users.. range users (like a newsletter)

- user can edited his own post.. delete it... create a new (in eg: gold range)

- registering user form is secure via captcha and/or a create a activation link in email.

- one user can create only (example 5 posts per day / comments without a limits)

- admin can give a ban for user for a time 1/3/10/30 days)

- admin can dissalov register from a ip (black/ white list)

- registering for a payment (example paypal)

- admin is GOD Smile - can remove post/s comments /

- user group silver gold etc can be create with a "special pages" i think

i know this is veryyyyy big and ambitious plan... sory for that.. this is a example what this plugin can grove for a perfect one... please forgive me Smile
user plugin: scroll to top
(2013-06-25, 10:18:20)ds10 Wrote: I've taken the Plugin and changed it somewhat to met my needs to support enhanced user management for my site. Maybe you will also find it useful. Even if I call this enhanced it is missing the database support because I don't need it. Instead it support additional fields like full name of the user and two groups of users developers and admins. You can change your password if you have forgotten it.

If there is demand I will upload this to extend but first it needs to be tested by someone else. I'm open for suggestions and tips what to do better. But don't ask me to add database support, I won't do it because I want to keep it simple.

front-end-user-login-enhanced.zip
Nice modification. It works great for me. However I need a little help. I need to set a condition in my template file based on group. So far i was able to set a condition based on username:
Code:
<?php
if(isset($_SESSION['LoggedIn']) && ($_SESSION['Username'] == "Jack"))
{ $discount = "0.95";}
?>
I would like to set something like this:
Code:
<?php
if(isset($_SESSION['LoggedIn']) && ($_SESSION['Group'] == "Group 1")
{ $discount = "0.95";}
?>
This one doesnt work obviously and i dont know how should this script look like. Basically i need the script to check which user is logged in and what is his group, and if the user is in group "Group 1" then...

Any help would be really appreciated.

EDIT: Ok, few days of thinking and i came up with solution.
To sum it up: If you are using this user-login-enhanced plugin and you want to use groups (use=add php condition based on what group is user in) here is my way.
Put this code in your template file, after the tag </head>
Code:
<?php
if (file_exists('data/enhanced-site-users/'.$_SESSION['Username'].'.xml')) {
    $xml = simplexml_load_file('data/enhanced-site-users/'.$_SESSION['Username'].'.xml');
    $group=$xml->Group;    

if ($group == "Group 1") {
echo "You are in Group 1";}
else if ($group == "Group 2") {
echo "You are in Group 2";}
else if ($group == "Group 3") {
echo "You are in Group 3";}
}
else {
echo "You are not logged in"}
?>
You need to edit "Group 1" (2,3) to whatever your groups are. And you should also edit "echo "You are in Group 1";" to whatever you want to happen.

Cheers.
in new versions GS for some reason does not work ckeditor
(2013-06-25, 10:18:20)ds10 Wrote: I've taken the Plugin and changed it somewhat to met my needs to support enhanced user management for my site. Maybe you will also find it useful. Even if I call this enhanced it is missing the database support because I don't need it. Instead it support additional fields like full name of the user and two groups of users developers and admins. You can change your password if you have forgotten it.

If there is demand I will upload this to extend but first it needs to be tested by someone else. I'm open for suggestions and tips what to do better. But don't ask me to add database support, I won't do it because I want to keep it simple.

front-end-user-login-enhanced.zip
I still use front-end-user-login-enhanced with GS 3.3.0 and it still works.

@quish
I just didn't got your question, if I find the time I will look into it, to make a group check easier. Your solution may work but is not really comfortable, you should not be bothered with the handling of the users in the template.
I checked the original plugin,it works ckeditor,and in your plugin it does not work.
I've updated the enhanced plugin:
front-end-user-login-enhanced_1_5.zip

You can now manage groups (create additional groups/delete additional groups) and set page access to groups instead of members only.

If you want to know the group of the current user logged in use the new function:
Code:
<?php getCurrentUserGroup(); ?>
(2014-04-28, 05:28:56)Oleg06 Wrote: I checked the original plugin,it works ckeditor,and in your plugin it does not work.

Hello!

sorry for my bad english!Rolleyes

Go to
Code:
/plugins/user-login-enhanced/ckeditor.php

and change line 25 to:
PHP Code:
if (isset($_GET['id']) and $_GET['id'] == "user_login_enhanced") { 
yes, now it works, thanks
@smdp-1971
Thanks, I've updated the plugin:
front-end-user-login-enhanced_1_5_1.zip

To be perfectly honest, I just didn't understand what the problem was.
I've uploaded the plugin to extend and created a new forum thread.
So for the future if you want to ask for Front End User Login Enhanced use this thread:
http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=6236
Is there a way to adjust the time before a user is automatically logged out?[/align]
in the file user_login.php function user_login_check () before exiting should be checked if the user logs in not ?, m. st condition
Code:
if (isset ($ _ GET ['logout']))
be changed to
Code:
if (isset ($ _ GET ['logout ']) && empty ($ _ POST [' login-form ']))
http://forum.getsimplecms.ru/viewtopic.p...3407#p3407
Hi mike,

Great work on these plugins. I use the multi user plugin and wanted to use this plugin, however when I add everything into the site and I register a test account, I click any of the input boxes it takes me to a server 500 error. Do you know what's happening?

Thanks,
Keep up the good work.[/u]
I add <?php echo show_login_box(); ?> to the Source view of the welcome page, but it automatically adds HTML comments <!-- and --> to it, so I cant see it. How do I get the login box to be visible?
You cannot use PHP code in pages. You have to paste that in your template (or in a component that is called in your theme), or else use a plugin like DynPages.
Hello,

I'm new usint the GS CMS, i decided to use it for my new website, it's realy easy to manage, So thank you   Smile

i'd like if some one can modify the Loging Plugin to show it my website like in the attachement image. i need to have the forms horintaly, as below :

1/ For the guests i'd like the show a message and 'LOGIN' or 'RESTER' links.
2/ 
     A: If 'Longin' link ==> UserName , Pawssword & Submit Button (this part only) and go to step (3)
     B: If 'Register' link ==> UserName ,Email , Pawssword & Register Button (this part only) and go back to step (1)
3/Welcome message and logout link .

Thank you for your help

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hey folks, not sure if this thread is still active Big Grin lets give it a try:

i just integrated feul into my page. the login works fine, but after every page reload (e.g. after hitting a link in the nav) i am logged out. i think there is an error with the session... any ideas? actually i want to be logged in till i hit the logout button or close the browser/tab.

Thanks!
Fab
(2019-05-08, 04:00:42)Fabmue Wrote: i just integrated feul into my page. the login works fine, but after every page reload (e.g. after hitting a link in the nav) i am logged out. i think there is an error with the session... any ideas? actually i want to be logged in till i hit the logout button or close the browser/tab.

I also beat my head against this issue but I don't believe it was specific to this plugin.  My problem was that I was loading the session variables with complex objects preventing the session from saving.

My solution was to cast the username to a string.

Code:
$_SESSION['Username'] = (string)$userData->Username;

Other possible solution can be found here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1969...orking-php