Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
List of suggestions
Hello! First of all, I want to say that I LOVE this CMS. I have tested 16 light CMSs and wore them to the ground in testing. GetSimple came out on top. I can't wait to create themes for this.

I do have some suggestions, nonetheless. Please consider these:
  • An option for SQLite for people who still want to use some form of SQL
  • Multi-user capabilities built-in... without the plugin
  • Use CDNJS for backend JS files... it's faster than Google's
  • CloudFlare plugin
  • In admin panel, move JS to footer
Make your GS site fly with SpeedySparrow cloud hosting!
flam316 Wrote:Hello! First of all, I want to say that I LOVE this CMS. I have tested 16 light CMSs and wore them to the ground in testing. GetSimple came out on top. I can't wait to create themes for this.
Really glad you like it, and I'm happy we were the best of them all!

flam316 Wrote:An option for SQLite for people who still want to use some form of SQL
Probably not. We toyed with the idea a while back - but one of the niche strengths we have for GS is that it's XML based. Plus, after some research, we realized that it was going to take a lot of code rewriting to use SQL instead of XML

flam316 Wrote:Multi-user capabilities built-in... without the plugin
Once that plugin becomes mature enough and we see where the issue are with it (if any) we will probably implement it later on down the road.

flam316 Wrote:Use CDNJS for backend JS files... it's faster than Google's
But Google has the market share. I do think however we will probably switch to a CDN jQuery instead of shipping it with our distro soon.

flam316 Wrote:CloudFlare plugin
That would be someone else Smile - I have enough trouble making sure the Core is the best it can be.

flam316 Wrote:In admin panel, move JS to footer
Great idea
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Hi there
Regarding this

Are you basically looking for a plugin to notify cloudflare of updates to site ? Or also want to do spam reports and pull search conditions etc etc. if just notify of updates it not suppose to be that hard.
Can maybe do a quick plugin for that if I read the docs correctly is simple call on page saves or can add button to do a manual notification also.

tx

Johannes
Stopped developing on GS Plugins. Anybody welcome to take the projects over. Thanks for all the support all.
Just last note, because the cloudflare api only allows one notification per DAY I might need to add button to allow manual notifications, otherwise each page safe is going to do this and it can just bugger up all for the new image can be active in 1 hour but you are only finished in 2 hours and now it has the wrong image thanks to first page save notification. What do you think ?
Stopped developing on GS Plugins. Anybody welcome to take the projects over. Thanks for all the support all.

K, attached file should do the trick, sorry dont have php with openssl installed on my box or a cloudflare account, but it should work.

good night

johannes
dominionit Wrote:

K, attached file should do the trick, sorry dont have php with openssl installed on my box or a cloudflare account, but it should work.

good night

johannes

That's awesome. I'll test it and get back to you.
flam316 Wrote:An option for SQLite for people who still want to use some form of SQL
Quote:Probably not. We toyed with the idea a while back - but one of the niche strengths we have for GS is that it's XML based. Plus, after some research, we realized that it was going to take a lot of code rewriting to use SQL instead of XML

If the XML files get too large, performance will decrease greatly. I don't think I will have this problem, but some might. SQLite would keep the performance at top-notch at all times. But it would take a lot of coding work, I get that. It's just a thought.

flam316 Wrote:Use CDNJS for backend JS files... it's faster than Google's
Quote:But Google has the market share. I do think however we will probably switch to a CDN jQuery instead of shipping it with our distro soon.

Google does have the market share, but I'm not sure why this matters. CDNJS is run on CloudFlare and Google's CDN is run on App Engine, which CloudFlare typically improves of by 50% or more.

A side thought: you might want to include it locally. Extra DNS lookups will be incurred if it run on a CDN. Also, you now depend on that CDN to for uptime/speed.
flam316 Wrote:
dominionit Wrote:

good night

johannes

That's awesome. I'll test it and get back to you.

hi there, just wanted to know if the plugin helped ?