Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a simplier CDN plugin
I see 3.1 has caching in the core, so i think it's not too difficult provide a very simple cdn plugin working only with origin pull cdn (ie. amazon cloudfront)

Using a origin pull cdn requires just 2 things:
1) to create a CDN specifying the origin (ie. static.mysite.com -> www.mysite.com/data/uploads
2) rewriting calls to www.mysite.com/data/uploads/whatever to static.mysite.com/whatever

so i guess that a plugin for version 3.1 that already creates static pages that just swap urls (original GS / CDN) is not too difficult.

additionally i'd love to have 3 caching levels
-) just uploads (so mapping static.mysite to mysite/data/uploads
-) uploads and template so mapping static.mysite to mysite
-) smart cdn (i don't know.. maybe only files larger than 10k or create a minified css and js files and link to those minified and gzipped copies.)

i already suggested such a plugin one year ago, and provided Zegnåt with access to a few CDN i use, but i guess it was too difficult to develop. Maybe with 3.1 already providing some caching and limiting support to just origin-pull cdn it can make development easier

some other great ideas can surely be inspired by the great w3tc wordpress plugin.
Adding to this, a CloudFlare plugin would be really cool. I feel like the core ideas of GetSimple match well with CloudFlare's (I.E. Simple, foolproof, easy to setup, fast, secure, etc). You should really think of making a plugin like this. They have an API.
Make your GS site fly with SpeedySparrow cloud hosting!
marrco Wrote:I see 3.1 has caching in the core, so i think it's not too difficult provide a very simple cdn plugin working only with origin pull cdn (ie. amazon cloudfront)

Using a origin pull cdn requires just 2 things:
1) to create a CDN specifying the origin (ie. static.mysite.com -> www.mysite.com/data/uploads
2) rewriting calls to www.mysite.com/data/uploads/whatever to static.mysite.com/whatever

so i guess that a plugin for version 3.1 that already creates static pages that just swap urls (original GS / CDN) is not too difficult.

additionally i'd love to have 3 caching levels
-) just uploads (so mapping static.mysite to mysite/data/uploads
-) uploads and template so mapping static.mysite to mysite
-) smart cdn (i don't know.. maybe only files larger than 10k or create a minified css and js files and link to those minified and gzipped copies.)

i already suggested such a plugin one year ago, and provided Zegnåt with access to a few CDN i use, but i guess it was too difficult to develop. Maybe with 3.1 already providing some caching and limiting support to just origin-pull cdn it can make development easier

some other great ideas can surely be inspired by the great w3tc wordpress plugin.

Maybe this can help ?

http://get-simple.info/forum/post/18080/#p18080
Stopped developing on GS Plugins. Anybody welcome to take the projects over. Thanks for all the support all.
dominionit Wrote:Maybe this can help ?

http://get-simple.info/forum/post/18080/#p18080

Definitely, thank you. I also worked out a solution doing a rewrite via a NGINX module, but that's not really efficient. I use Cloudflare with success in a few projects, but sometimes the full control a real cdn gives you is better, and you don't have to change you dns.

so i still think there's a use for a basic origin-pull cdn plugin that just rewrite static files urls.