Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MOVE_TEMPCONFIG_ERROR and {ROOT_HTACCESS_ERROR}
at end of install process following message occured:

{ROOT_HTACCESS_ERROR}
{MOVE_TEMPCONFIG_ERROR}

whilst admin password was given etc.

I can't login as admin; page resets and input fields whitened out.

I am assuming that install almost went ok, until GS 3.0 tried to write .htaccess and gsconfig.php.
On root folder at server I still have temp.htaccess and temp.gsconfig.php

How shall I proceed? Edit and overwrite files?

All my best, new GS fan!
please give us info about the php version and the operating system at your server

that is important to know

by the way, you could ask your hoster's support about this and tell them about the requirements of the installation
it would be necessary to know whether your webspace supports the requirements of GS

see here: http://get-simple.info/wiki/installation:requirements

Cheers, Connie
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
PHP is 5.2.17 on Linux hosted at HostEurope
mod_rewrite at .htaccess allowed with WebPack ...
(requirements should be met)
Any tips?

cheers, Mikal
Have you enabled debug mode? That might give some clue.
miagrimm Wrote:{ROOT_HTACCESS_ERROR}
{MOVE_TEMPCONFIG_ERROR}

messages formatted like these mean that there are messages that are not in your Language File. Search for those strings within the en_US.php file to see what the English version of it is.

http://get-simple-cms.googlecode.com/svn.../en_US.php
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
ccagle8 Wrote:
miagrimm Wrote:{ROOT_HTACCESS_ERROR}
{MOVE_TEMPCONFIG_ERROR}

messages formatted like these mean that there are messages that are not in your Language File. Search for those strings within the en_US.php file to see what the English version of it is.

http://get-simple-cms.googlecode.com/svn.../en_US.php

Indeed: I had an de_DE file with version 2 of GS instead of version 3.0. Now I got it.

Since it was a mess, I deinstalled and want to re-install with correct lang file. Something must have gone wrong in the intall process, since .htacces and config couldn't properly be renamed or deleted etc.

I have now the screen: with

GetSimple 3.0 - Die aktuellste Version wurde installiert
PHP Version 5.2.17 - OK
Folder Permissions OK - Beschreibbar
cURL Module installiert - OK
GD Library installiert - OK
ZipArchive installiert - OK
SimpleXML Module installiert - OK
Apache Mod Rewrite installiert - OK

Already at first install attempt I had these strange lines on top:

"Mac OS X  2��ATTR�w ��J�Jcom.apple.quarantine0000;4e47bda9;Safari;AE4CCEF1-CCFA-4C3F-B870-BDC3C3606309|com.apple.SafariThis resource fork intentionally left blank ��"

Would anybody know? Eventually a line that was produced at cyberduck (Mac ftp) or browser specific? It is also showing on FireFox at WIN OS .... hmm

Thnx for further help before I contine to re-install...

cheers, Mikal
Now after re-installation:

- I did NOT get the error messages (due to language file?)
- All installation procedure seemed to be ok BUT
- still can't login as admin with pw from sys generated mail
- .htaccess and gsconfig.php were created ... this time

With debug mode I get this:

Mac OS X  2��ATTR�w ��J�Jcom.apple.quarantine0000;4e47bda9;Safari;AE4CCEF1-CCFA-4C3F-B870-BDC3C3606309|com.apple.SafariThis resource fork intentionally left blank ��
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /is/htdocs/wp1008518_IXGVEF7ZRF/GetSimple_3.0/plugins/._InnovationPlugin.php:1) in /is/htdocs/wp1008518_IXGVEF7ZRF/GetSimple_3.0/admin/inc/cookie_functions.php on line 30

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /is/htdocs/wp1008518_IXGVEF7ZRF/GetSimple_3.0/plugins/._InnovationPlugin.php:1) in /is/htdocs/wp1008518_IXGVEF7ZRF/GetSimple_3.0/admin/inc/login_functions.php on line 81
Error: Headers already sent in /is/htdocs/wp1008518_IXGVEF7ZRF/GetSimple_3.0/plugins/._InnovationPlugin.php on line 1 If your browser does not redirect you, click here
miagrimm Wrote:Now after re-installation:

- I did NOT get the error messages (due to language file?)
- All installation procedure seemed to be ok BUT
- still can't login as admin with pw from sys generated mail
- .htaccess and gsconfig.php were created ... this time

With debug mode I get this:

Mac OS X  2��ATTR�w ��J�Jcom.apple.quarantine0000;4e47bda9;Safari;AE4CCEF1-CCFA-4C3F-B870-BDC3C3606309|com.apple.SafariThis resource fork intentionally left blank ��
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /is/htdocs/wp1008518_IXGVEF7ZRF/GetSimple_3.0/plugins/._InnovationPlugin.php:1) in /is/htdocs/wp1008518_IXGVEF7ZRF/GetSimple_3.0/admin/inc/cookie_functions.php on line 30

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /is/htdocs/wp1008518_IXGVEF7ZRF/GetSimple_3.0/plugins/._InnovationPlugin.php:1) in /is/htdocs/wp1008518_IXGVEF7ZRF/GetSimple_3.0/admin/inc/login_functions.php on line 81
Error: Headers already sent in /is/htdocs/wp1008518_IXGVEF7ZRF/GetSimple_3.0/plugins/._InnovationPlugin.php on line 1 If your browser does not redirect you, click here

WOW:
disabled plugin and now I get Error: Login failed. Please double check your Username and Password

Thnx for help...
what is this file? Can you just delete everything that is inside /plugins/ ? Maybe do a new fresh install and make sure you delete anything inside that folder before attempting the install again...

Quote:/GetSimple_3.0/plugins/._InnovationPlugin.php
- Chris

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
ccagle8 Wrote:what is this file? Can you just delete everything that is inside /plugins/ ? Maybe do a new fresh install and make sure you delete anything inside that folder before attempting the install again...

Quote:/GetSimple_3.0/plugins/._InnovationPlugin.php

OK. Before I re-install (third time!) I would like to get the plug-in issue talked through...
Here is the file content, which was/is included in the GS 3.0 download package I got from the getsimple.info site:

<?php
/*
Plugin Name: Innovation Theme Settings
Description: Settings for the default GetSimple 3.0 Theme: Innovation
Version: 1.0
Author: Chris Cagle
Author URI: http://www.cagintranet.com/
*/

# get correct id for plugin
$thisfile=basename(__FILE__, ".php");
$innovation_file=GSDATAOTHERPATH .'InnovationSettings.xml';

# register plugin
register_plugin(
$thisfile, # ID of plugin, should be filename minus php
'Innovation Theme Settings', # Title of plugin
'1.0', # Version of plugin
'Chris Cagle', # Author of plugin
'http://www.cagintranet.com/', # Author URL
'Settings for the default GetSimple 3.0 Theme: Innovation', # Plugin Description
'theme', # Page type of plugin
'innovation_show' # Function that displays content
);

# hooks
add_action('theme-sidebar','createSideMenu',array($thisfile,'Innovation Theme Settings'));

# get XML data
if (file_exists($innovation_file)) {
$x = getXML($innovation_file);
$facebook = $x->facebook;
$twitter = $x->twitter;
$linkedin = $x->linkedin;
} else {
$facebook = '';
$twitter = '';
$linkedin = '';
}

function innovation_show() {
global $innovation_file, $facebook, $twitter, $linkedin,$success,$error;

// submitted form
if (isset($_POST['submit'])) {
$facebook=null; $twitter=null; $linkedin=null;

# check to see if the URLs provided are valid
if ($_POST['facebook'] != '') {
if (validate_url($_POST['facebook'])) {
$facebook = $_POST['facebook'];
} else {
$error .= 'Facebook URL is not valid. ';
}
}

if ($_POST['twitter'] != '') {
if (validate_url($_POST['twitter'])) {
$twitter = $_POST['twitter'];
} else {
$error .= 'Twitter URL is not valid. ';
}
}

if ($_POST['linkedin'] != '') {
if (validate_url($_POST['linkedin'])) {
$linkedin = $_POST['linkedin'];
} else {
$error .= 'LinkedIn URL is not valid.';
}
}

# if there are no errors, dave data
if (!$error) {
$xml = @new SimpleXMLElement('<item></item>');
$xml->addChild('facebook', $facebook);
$xml->addChild('twitter', $twitter);
$xml->addChild('linkedin', $linkedin);

if (! $xml->asXML($innovation_file)) {
$error = i18n_r('CHMOD_ERROR');
} else {
$x = getXML($innovation_file);
$facebook = $x->facebook;
$twitter = $x->twitter;
$linkedin = $x->linkedin;
$success = i18n_r('SETTINGS_UPDATED');
}
}
}

?>
<h3>Innovation Theme Settings</h3>

<?php
if($success) {
echo '<p style="color:#669933;"><b>'. $success .'</b></p>';
}
if($error) {
echo '<p style="color:#cc0000;"><b>'. $error .'</b></p>';
}
?>

<form method="post" action="<?php echo $_SERVER ['REQUEST_URI']?>">

<p><label for="inn_facebook" >Facebook URL</label><input id="inn_facebook" name="facebook" class="text" value="<?php echo $facebook; ?>" /></p>
<p><label for="inn_twitter" >Twitter URL</label><input id="inn_twitter" name="twitter" class="text" value="<?php echo $twitter; ?>" /></p>
<p><label for="inn_linkedin" >LinkedIn URL</label><input id="inn_linkedin" name="linkedin" class="text" value="<?php echo $linkedin; ?>" /></p>

<p><input type="submit" id="submit" class="submit" value="<?php i18n('BTN_SAVESETTINGS'); ?>" name="submit" /></p>
</form>

<?php
}

I am confused ...

cheers, Mikal
yes, that's the plugin for the default theme... but your error showed "._InnovationPlugin.php" not "InnovationPlugin.php". That's the confusing part...
- Chris

ccagle8 Wrote:yes, that's the plugin for the default theme... but your error showed "._InnovationPlugin.php" not "InnovationPlugin.php". That's the confusing part...

Chris:

I deleted the ._InnovationPlugin.php file and checked the "InnovationPlugin.php" on server not to be corrupt and that DID THE JOB.
I had to request a new password and now ... off we fly !

Weird thing... and the "._Inno"-file caused the "Mac OS X  2��ATTR�w ��J�Jcom.apple.quarantine0000;4e47bda9;Safari;AE4CCEF1-CCFA-4C3F-B870-BDC3C3606309|com.apple.SafariThis resource fork intentionally left blank ��" I just wonder where that comes from?

Thank you for your support!

cheers - new and proud GS3.0 deployer!
miagrimm Wrote:Thank you for your support!
cheers - new and proud GS3.0 deployer!

No problem! Glad to have you aboard!
- Chris