Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Items Manager - ver: 1.4
grs84pl Wrote:
alienee2 Wrote:there is one remaining issue, and that is that for some reason i'm getting backslashes everywhere there is an apostrophe;

ok, this is 'stripcslashes' problem, I'll fix it tomorow.

Thanks so much!
Re: fancy urls for items manager

I managed to get the items manager to display the items without the "?item=" part of the URL;

not sure if i did it the best way, but it seems to be working:

first i deleted the "?item=" from line 227 of the display-items.php
Code:
$url = $SITEURL.$item_file_details."/?item=".$url;
replaced with
Code:
$url = $SITEURL.$item_file_details."/".$url;

then i added this rule to the htaccess, where 'items' is the slug where you display the item details.

Code:
RewriteRule ^items/([^/.]+)/?$ /items/?item=$1 [L]

also figured out how to have the items display in reverse alphabetical by changing line 204 from 'asort' to 'arsort';
this could be useful if you wanted to display items with the most recent at the top;
you could name the items like "(2011-11-12) Item Name", and then use custom fields to manage your item title, keeping the default title field for sorting and the page slug. Actually if there was a way to specify a custom page slug that would be helpful, rather than it having to use the item title.

Another bug that I discovered with this is that the plugin doesn't seem to like custom fields with a '-' in the name of the field, for example "album-title"; Seems that it won't recognize/disply fields with this dash; so i'm using underscores;

So the remaining bugs that I'm aware of are:
1.) the stripslashes problem with the items editor (the slashes seem to get added after editing/saving an item - I was able to remove them from the XML file and the items display fine); currently can't put any links inside of a WYSIWYG field or the plugin strips the link...

2.) the '-' problem with the custom fields

3.) one other thing is that the plugin should prevent users from creating a field called 'title' since that seems to already be in use, and could mess things up if there were 2 fields with the same name...

-marc
Thank you everyone for your contributions and error/bug reports

I have been very busy and unable to release this as a plugin to extend.
I am making this plugin a big priority to have a working version 1.0 released in December.

I will look through the suggestions and comments already posted on this thread, however if anyone has any further suggestions, comments, or contributions please submit them now so I can consider adding them to version 1.0
mikeh Wrote:Thank you everyone for your contributions and error/bug reports

I have been very busy and unable to release this as a plugin to extend.
I am making this plugin a big priority to have a working version 1.0 released in December.

I will look through the suggestions and comments already posted on this thread, however if anyone has any further suggestions, comments, or contributions please submit them now so I can consider adding them to version 1.0

Hi Mike -

thanks for this great plugin! It's really close to being functional CCK for GetSimple.

Aside from the issues that I mentioned in previous posts, i would like to submit the following 3 suggestions:
  • a way to enable 'fancy urls' from the preferences, which would do the same as what i did with deleting the string in line 227 of display-items.php; (along with instructions for what to add to the .htaccess
  • Ability to use more than one instance, so it could be used to different applications in the same site, such as a blog, or a product directory (like an app in Zoo)... OR some way to define search results template and custom fields per category;
  • Ability to control the order of the results/item listing page, ideal options would be to be able to select which field to order on, and then select ascending or descending;

-marc
How to change "post_max_size" and upload_max_file_size"
when I try to download pictures?
in what file that parameters?

Is the version 0.9 the latest now?
gamma4563 Wrote:How to change "post_max_size" and upload_max_file_size"
when I try to download pictures?
in what file that parameters?

Is the version 0.9 the latest now?

generally that resides in your php.ini file
Hi Mike,

I was wondering if this plugin was going to still be further developed;

it's so close to being amazing, and I have it in use on a client's site, however we can't edit the entries because it messes up the XML file formatting;

I'm willing to contribute to this project, start a donation pool or something to get this to version 1.0; let me know!

I could also donate time/work, but I can't offer much in the way of php code at the moment as this is beyond my current coding skill...

-marc
alienee2 Wrote:Hi Mike,

I was wondering if this plugin was going to still be further developed;

it's so close to being amazing, and I have it in use on a client's site, however we can't edit the entries because it messes up the XML file formatting;

I'm willing to contribute to this project, start a donation pool or something to get this to version 1.0; let me know!

I could also donate time/work, but I can't offer much in the way of php code at the moment as this is beyond my current coding skill...

-marc

I am working on version 1.0 right now. I can release it to extend later today with at least the issues worked out. I probably will not add any new features today though.

If you have any suggestions or specific problems/errors, please let me know.
I am debating the oportunity to include Items Manager in the core of GS.
See this post: http://get-simple.info/forum/topic/3213/...er-plugin/
What do you think about this ?
The edit items form staggers the form inputs left then right by 2 in a tabe no less, its a bit annoying. Can this be adjusted or fixed to a single column or allow empty fields or even completely styled, input forms need to be predictably grouped for ease of entry. Any suggestions ?

EDIT: Well it appears you can just stick hidden fields in there to bump your fields back and forth, works great !
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
Version 1.0 has been uploaded to extend.

I tested it several times and hope to have fixed the bugs. Please let me know if anyone has any issues.
Thank You Mike!
...really appreciate this plugin.

Just downloaded and installed on a site, and so far so good.
Will post any issues back here.

-marc
installed it on my site
took it down 500 error

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare getthefield() (previously declared in /hsphere/local/home//getsimple/plugins/item_manager.php:132) in /hsphere/local/home//getsimple/plugins/display-items.php on line 114

ideas?

Whats display_items ? From an old version of one of these zip files ?

# register plugin
register_plugin(
$thisfile,
'Display Rentals',
'1.0',
'PyC',
'http://profileyourcity.com/',
'Displays Rental Property Data Results And Details Pages Which Were Made Via The Rentals Manager',
'pages',
'show_practice'
);

EDIT:
ok sorry, I figured that out, it was some file that was in grs84pl s 9.5 zip file that was posted in this thread that I installed.

items_manager-0.9-5.1.zip 147.24 kb, 15 downloads since 2011-09-28
shawn_a Wrote:installed it on my site
took it down 500 error

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare getthefield() (previously declared in /hsphere/local/home//getsimple/plugins/item_manager.php:132) in /hsphere/local/home//getsimple/plugins/display-items.php on line 114

ideas?

Whats display_items ? From an old version of one of these zip files ?

# register plugin
register_plugin(
$thisfile,
'Display Rentals',
'1.0',
'PyC',
'http://profileyourcity.com/',
'Displays Rental Property Data Results And Details Pages Which Were Made Via The Rentals Manager',
'pages',
'show_practice'
);

EDIT:
ok sorry, I figured that out, it was some file that was in grs84pl s 9.5 zip file that was posted in this thread that I installed.

items_manager-0.9-5.1.zip 147.24 kb, 15 downloads since 2011-09-28

Yep, I should have mentioned you must delete the old items_manager files (only the ones in the plugins folder) before using the new version.

Language Files
I am in the process of making an english language file. Once I have it done would anyone be willing to assist me with other languages.
I did notice something strange, and maybe I am using this wrong.

Under

Results Page Coding

The search results html has all the double quotes escaped, so the search results are all wonky and links dont work.

for example <a href=\"<?php echo $url; ?>\"

And the results table is also showing in my sidebar for some reason.
shawn_a Wrote:I did notice something strange, and maybe I am using this wrong.

Under

Results Page Coding

The search results html has all the double quotes escaped, so the search results are all wonky and links dont work.

for example <a href=\"<?php echo $url; ?>\"

And the results table is also showing in my sidebar for some reason.

That is very strange. I could not replicate this. Can you send me a screenshot, and/or debug mode errors?
I, unfortunately, did not understand anything at all. Smile
I'll get a screenshot. Where are the settings stored so I can make sure I wiped everything properly and do a clean install.
shawn_a Wrote:I'll get a screenshot. Where are the settings stored so I can make sure I wiped everything properly and do a clean install.

data/other/item_manager.xml
If you delete that file, once you go back to the items manager in the backend it will automatically regenerate it.
for some reason i had to add

Code:
items/
to line 87 of IMclassDisplay, so that it reads:

Code:
return $SITEURL.'data/uploads/items/'.$this->tags[$tag]['value'];

otherwise, when i upload an image, it wouldn't display since the image is in the 'items' subfolder, and the URL did not have that..

my old htaccess hack still works in case anyone wishes to remove the ?item= from the url.

-marc
2 more issues;

1.)
can't seem to use '-' in custom fields, without problems - specifically i can't get those fields to display on the results page;

2.)
when saving an item, i think it would be preferable if the save action was consistent with the same action on a GS page, where the page edit screen doesn't close when you hit save..

-marc
alienee2 Wrote:2 more issues;

1.)
can't seem to use '-' in custom fields, without problems - specifically i can't get those fields to display on the results page;

2.)
when saving an item, i think it would be preferable if the save action was consistent with the same action on a GS page, where the page edit screen doesn't close when you hit save..

-marc
1. no hyphens are allowed in custom fields at this point
2. I will ad this to the next version

In relation to your issue of escaped quotations. Could it be because you have magic_quotes_gpc on?
mikeh Wrote:
alienee2 Wrote:2 more issues;

1.)

2.)

-marc
1. no hyphens are allowed in custom fields at this point
2. I will ad this to the next version

In relation to your issue of escaped quotations. Could it be because you have magic_quotes_gpc on?

Sorry - i should have explained it more clearly; I believe there is an error in on that line , and you have left out the full path to the items folder. Therefore I had to change the URL so that uploaded images would appear..

so line 87 currently reads:

Code:
return $SITEURL.'data/uploads/'.$this->tags[$tag]['value'];

but shouldn't it really be:

Code:
return $SITEURL.'data/uploads/items/'.$this->tags[$tag]['value'];

or am i missing something?
I figured out why my search results are showing up in my sidebar on the search results page.

In my sidebar I have a component that calls a page into my sidebar.

get_i18n_content('sidebar');

Since your content filter checks the page slug and it matches it sticks it in there.

I guess I can make my own search results by manually calling some functions where I need them ?
Can we get a list of categories and items by category ?
shawn_a Wrote:I figured out why my search results are showing up in my sidebar on the search results page.

In my sidebar I have a component that calls a page into my sidebar.

get_i18n_content('sidebar');

Since your content filter checks the page slug and it matches it sticks it in there.

I guess I can make my own search results by manually calling some functions where I need them ?
Can we get a list of categories and items by category ?
Thank you for the heads up for the image url.
A function already exists to echo categories:
Code:
<?php im_list_categories(); ?>

Did you figure out the cause of the escaped quotes problem? Was it magic quotes?
Also I am going to release a new version with the a couple fixes you mentioned. Is there any other problems you experienced?