Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Items Manager - ver: 1.4
Oh, sorry. It fixed itself when i wiped the datafile and let it recrete.

But found an issue with that also.

When I add categories, it wipes my settings out, it makes the dropdowns a default page and clears out the search results textarea.

I reproduce, by
remove xml file
goto itemmanager submit
recreates file
goto category, add a new one
go back to settings, blammo empty.

check xml fiel its empty but the category.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
shawn_a Wrote:Oh, sorry. It fixed itself when i wiped the datafile and let it recrete.

But found an issue with that also.

When I add categories, it wipes my settings out, it makes the dropdowns a default page and clears out the search results textarea.

I reproduce, by
remove xml file
goto itemmanager submit
recreates file
goto category, add a new one
go back to settings, blammo empty.

check xml fiel its empty but the category.
I am working on this now. I will release an update asap.
and please explain what code and where to insert
I was trying to use

im_list_categories()
which calls
showCategories()

I think you need to replace $item_file_url with the
definition ITEMSLISTPAGE. since that var isn't global.
I have released version 1.1

Version 1.1 - 01-29-2011
- Fixed issue where adding or deleting categories reset Items Manager settings
- Fixed image uploader path issue on front end

@shawn_a Try again with the new version, im_list_categories() works fine for me.
Oleg06 Wrote:and please explain what code and where to insert
What are you reffering to?
Do you need assistance in how the plugin itself works or just the categories?

To display the categories somewhere where in your template, just place the below php snippet in your template files.
Code:
<?php im_list_categories(); ?>

example (coding placed in innovation theme: sidebar.inc.php):
Code:
<div class="section">
        <h2>Categories</h2>
    <?php im_list_categories(); ?>
</div>
Hi Mike,

In reference to the next version, can you confirm that you'll be changing line 87 of IMclassDisplay, so that it reads:

Code:
return $SITEURL.'data/uploads/items/'.$this->tags[$tag]['value'];

i.e. uses the full path to the location of uploaded images?

-marc
Mike,

thanks for updating and fixing bugs. I'll try 1.1. tomorrow.

I'm experiencing various problems on my 3.0 test install with 1.0 though. I had version 0.9 installed and deleted all folders and files (I think, I had a look what was in the zip file). Deleted the settings file as well to regenerate it. Results page markup/code in the textarea on the settings page disappeared, the page options for details and results page reset themselves after setting them, ...

Hoping that a clean install on a clean 3.0 or 3.1 will solve the problems. Maybe some remains from the previous installation are screwing over 1.0 here.
alienee2 Wrote:Hi Mike,

In reference to the next version, can you confirm that you'll be changing line 87 of IMclassDisplay, so that it reads:

Code:
return $SITEURL.'data/uploads/items/'.$this->tags[$tag]['value'];

i.e. uses the full path to the location of uploaded images?

-marc
Yes I made that change.
In version 1.3 I have made it possible to choose a category for custom fields. The custom fields that have a category are only shown on that specific page in the edit/add page area.

However, I am unsure of the best way to handle this for the results and details pages.
Any suggestions?
mikeh Wrote:In version 1.3 I have made it possible to choose a category for custom fields. The custom fields that have a category are only shown on that specific page in the edit/add page area.

However, I am unsure of the best way to handle this for the results and details pages.
Any suggestions?

that's great; will make data entry easier in the backend;

as far as the details page, perhaps the ability to specify a details page per category would solve that, since you could then make a different template for each category details page.

and for the results page, maybe the same sort of thing i.e. instead of entering the results page code in the settings, you would create a template and select that template for the specified results page, for that category.
then you would create a different results page for each category with their unique set of fields and layout...

i'm thinking that categories more in the sense of apps, and then use tags to sort items within a given category..
so i would be able to do a news category and a discography category, both with the items manager...

-marc
alienee2 Wrote:
mikeh Wrote:In version 1.3 I have made it possible to choose a category for custom fields. The custom fields that have a category are only shown on that specific page in the edit/add page area.

Any suggestions?

that's great; will make data entry easier in the backend;

as far as the details page, perhaps the ability to specify a details page per category would solve that, since you could then make a different template for each category details page.

and for the results page, maybe the same sort of thing i.e. instead of entering the results page code in the settings, you would create a template and select that template for the specified results page, for that category.
then you would create a different results page for each category with their unique set of fields and layout...

i'm thinking that categories more in the sense of apps, and then use tags to sort items within a given category..
so i would be able to do a news category and a discography category, both with the items manager...

-marc

I agree with your details page suggestions. That will work fine.
However, with the results page, I am not aware of an easy way to use a template file solely to display the results.

Any suggestions?

Perhaps use wrappers so entire sections or labels are omitted if the field is non existent in that category.

essentially
Code:
<?php if( existsincategory('fieldname') ) { ?>
<span>Label: <span> <?php echo $fieldvalue ?> </span></span>
<?php } ?>

But maybe a bit more elegant.
shawn_a Wrote:

Any suggestions?

Perhaps use wrappers so entire sections or labels are omitted if the field is non existent in that category.

essentially
Code:
<?php if( existsincategory('fieldname') ) { ?>
<span>Label: <span> <?php echo $fieldvalue ?> </span></span>
<?php } ?>

But maybe a bit more elegant.

Something like that would work, I would not want to over complicate things though.
mikeh Wrote:@shawn_a Try again with the new version, im_list_categories() works fine for me.

Really ?
It doesn't work for me.

Notice: Undefined variable: item_file_url in
xxxxxx/getsimple/plugins/items/class/IMclassDisplay.php on line 229

Which makes perfect sense, its not global.
I pop in ITEMSLISTPAGE instead and it works fine.

New version seems to be working now with saving categories, no corruption.
shawn_a Wrote:It doesn't work for me.

ah, I thought I replaced that before uploading the new version.
Question about images inputs.

n00dles101 Wrote:Have a small addition you might be interested in for the customfields for an image selector, which allows you to select an image that has already been uploaded to the site.

Is this still going to be implemented from page 1.

I tried n00dles code but it fails on the filebrowser javascript when you click the image links.

And I am finding some issues with the user friendliness of image uploading, especially if you have several.
  • They (image uploaders) are always at the top of the form
  • The buttons says file upload
  • They have no label
  • The image never shows a filename or anything when you view the records later

And when you create a new item
or edit item. The header has no space before item it says EditItem Create a NewItem
shawn_a Wrote:Question about images inputs.

n00dles101 Wrote:Have a small addition you might be interested in for the customfields for an image selector, which allows you to select an image that has already been uploaded to the site.

Is this still going to be implemented from page 1.

I tried n00dles code but it fails on the filebrowser javascript when you click the image links.

And I am finding some issues with the user friendliness of image uploading, especially if you have several.
  • They (image uploaders) are always at the top of the form
  • The buttons says file upload
  • They have no label
  • The image never shows a filename or anything when you view the records later

And when you create a new item
or edit item. The header has no space before item it says EditItem Create a NewItem

1. The image uploaders are always on top because I thought the layout would flow better then having them in various places.

2,3. I am not sure what I can do about the label, I will check it out.

4.The filename is in a hidden field. It is hidden purposely to not confuse the user. It is also hidden because the name of the image you upload might not be the same once you submit the item. The uploader checks if a duplicate image exists and renames it if necessary.

5. I will add the space to the next version.

This plugin is very large and I appreciate your continued assistance and understanding. Smile
Ill keep testing and posting any issues, or minor annoyances. Feel free to ignore whatever you want man, this plugin is already great. Smile

I am actively developing with this plugin as we speak, so I will have a bit of feedback of all sorts.
shawn_a Wrote:Ill keep testing and posting any issues, or minor annoyances. Feel free to ignore whatever you want man, this plugin is already great. Smile

I am actively developing with this plugin as we speak, so I will have a bit of feedback of all sorts.

shawn, please, when you post errors, make sure it is an error. Several times you posted errors that were not realy errors. Other times, your reports were corect. The forum thread looks very messy with all those error/sorry not error .

You make me confuse. Please, just make sure you look twice when report an error.

Thank you
Forums arent for errors they are for information that may help others. Everything I posted are issues i had that others may have also, sorry if it's "messy" but that's how forums work. Posting things that provide nothing of value to the subject is trolling. Please stay on topic.
mikeh Wrote:Version 1.1 - 01-29-2011
- Fixed issue where adding or deleting categories reset Items Manager settings

mikeh

I am still seeing data issues with 1.1.

When adding categories, the results html is resetting to the default.

Goto results page coding, add some custom text at the top of the textarea.

save

Goto categories, create a new category.
Go back and check settings again results page code again.
shawn_a Wrote:orums arent for errors they are for information that may help others. Everything I posted are issues i had that others may have also, sorry if it's "messy" but that's how forums work. Posting things that provide nothing of value to the subject is trolling. Please stay on to

http://get-simple.info/forum/post/22014/#p22014
http://get-simple.info/forum/post/22142/#p22142
http://get-simple.info/forum/post/22200/#p22200

shawn_a Wrote:EDIT:
ok sorry, I figured that out, it was some file that was in grs84pl s 9.5 zip file that was posted in this thread that I installed....

Oh, sorry. It fixed itself when i wiped the datafile and let it recrete.

Posting errors that do not exist is off topic and messy
We're (hopefully!) all humans here who err sometimes. If anybody thinks a user's posts to be confusing or irritating, feel free to ignore them or address the user in private, not in public. Thanks.

Let's continue with the usual show now.
mikeh,

testing on GS 3.0 with v1.1:

Results page code textfield
I've changed the markup in the results page code textfield. When I add a new category, the textfield is being reset to original. I successfully reproduced this twice.

Here's the notices I'm getting on the category page, maybe there's a connection:

Code:
Notice: Undefined index: deletecategory in [...]/plugins/items/class/IMclass.php on line 599

Notice: Undefined index: deletecategory in [...]/plugins/items/class/IMclass.php on line 599

Changing the label of an existing custom field clears the respective field
I changed my mind about a custom field label and then modified the name plus changed the code in items.php to the new field name.

Code:
<?php getTheField('new-name-description');  ?>

When I reloaded the detail page of the affected item, the description was gone. The WYSIWYG field I had created was empty.

Is anybody else experiencing the mentioned behaviour with 1.1?

Item Detail Page shows wrong date of publication

Quote:Published on December 31st, 1969
while the detail page was published on 29.01.2012.