Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Items Manager - ver: 1.4
nscipione Wrote:
shawn_a Wrote:
rtaustin Wrote:i'm still having no luck getting my custom fields to work. Any suggestions on what might be the problem? Do I need to do a fresh installation of the plugin? What files do I need to delete to make sure the update works?

Thanks for your help!

I can only imagine the files aren't being created, maybe a permissions error the plugin isn't catching ?
Item files are created in data/items/ as xml files. Check your folder exists and has write permissions.

The XML file is definately being created. The title saves. Just none of the other custom fields.

I've updated to the latest version and that didn't change anything. Could someone please give me some suggestions as to what to try to fix this issue. It creates an XML with the title but doesn't save the custom field information in it. I've checked permissions to the data/items folder and its 777. I don't know what other changes may need to be made.

Thanks for your help!
rtaustin Wrote:
nscipione Wrote:
shawn_a Wrote:I can only imagine the files aren't being created, maybe a permissions error the plugin isn't catching ?
Item files are created in data/items/ as xml files. Check your folder exists and has write permissions.

The XML file is definately being created. The title saves. Just none of the other custom fields.

I've updated to the latest version and that didn't change anything. Could someone please give me some suggestions as to what to try to fix this issue. It creates an XML with the title but doesn't save the custom field information in it. I've checked permissions to the data/items folder and its 777. I don't know what other changes may need to be made.

Thanks for your help!
Did you turn on debug mode?
Hi! This plug-in is awesome! But, I need to know if it's possible show the results page instead the resume page with descriptions!?

How can i do this?! Can someone help me!?!
rfreitaz Wrote:Hi! This plug-in is awesome! But, I need to know if it's possible show the results page instead the resume page with descriptions!?

How can i do this?! Can someone help me!?!
I do not understand your question.
mikeh Wrote:
rtaustin Wrote:
nscipione Wrote:The XML file is definately being created. The title saves. Just none of the other custom fields.

Thanks for your help!

Oh yes! I wasn't even aware of debug mode. The error I get is
Notice: Undefined index: post-content in [path to get simple installation]/plugins/items/class/IMclass.php on line 221

Does that give you an idea of what I need to do? I'm so new to Get Simple and the Items Manager that I don't know where to begin. Thanks for you help!
didou038 Wrote:Hi !

I try to use this plugin but i've got a problem.

On the result page all is good, but when I click on "more detail" ("Voir les détails" in french) that generates a 404 error page.

I don't know where is the problem and how to resolve it.

url : http://cyclehome.artisan-online.fr/les-p...onces.html

Can you help me ? (mp me for backend login if needed) If you need more informations, ask me !

This page is on test step, just to learn how works the plugin

up !

Thanks for your help
I Found a solution :

In IMclassDisplay.php file, in the function "public function printAllItems($page)" :
Line 139 :

Code:
$url = $SITEURL.ITEMPAGE."/?item=".$url; //generowanie linku do strony produktu

replaced by :

Code:
$url = $SITEURL.ITEMPAGE.".html/?item=".$url; //generowanie linku do strony produktu

If I don't make this modification, I've got a 404 error, because the url was write without ".html"
Is it my fault ( configuration's "GS 3.1") ? Or this plugin has needed a bug fix ?

My GS 3.1 preset :
Fancy URL on
Permalink : %slug%.html
.HTACCESS modified
didou038 Wrote:Is it my fault (configuration’s “GS 3.1”)? Or this plugin has needed a bug fix?
The latter. This plugin doesn’t seem to look at how you specified your premalink structure so it ignores the .html.

mikeh, maybe you should use find_url() (from basic.php), it is a “function to create the correct url structure for each front-end page”.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Zegnåt Wrote:
didou038 Wrote:Is it my fault (configuration’s “GS 3.1”)? Or this plugin has needed a bug fix?
The latter. This plugin doesn’t seem to look at how you specified your premalink structure so it ignores the .html.

mikeh, maybe you should use find_url() (from basic.php), it is a “function to create the correct url structure for each front-end page”.
Will do, thanks for the suggestion.
rtaustin Wrote:
mikeh Wrote:
rtaustin Wrote:I've updated to the latest version and that didn't change anything. Could someone please give me some suggestions as to what to try to fix this issue. It creates an XML with the title but doesn't save the custom field information in it. I've checked permissions to the data/items folder and its 777. I don't know what other changes may need to be made.

Thanks for your help!

Notice: Undefined index: post-content in [path to get simple installation]/plugins/items/class/IMclass.php on line 221

Does that give you an idea of what I need to do? I'm so new to Get Simple and the Items Manager that I don't know where to begin. Thanks for you help!

I just stare at the code and don't have a clue where to start looking to figure out whats going on. Any suggestions? I'm pretty much the front-end designer guy and don't hardly understand the underlying code so its really hard to follow whats going on. Anyone willing to take a look at my setup?
rtaustin Wrote:
rtaustin Wrote:
mikeh Wrote:Did you turn on debug mode?

I just stare at the code and don't have a clue where to start looking to figure out whats going on. Any suggestions? I'm pretty much the front-end designer guy and don't hardly understand the underlying code so its really hard to follow whats going on. Anyone willing to take a look at my setup?

Well i figured it out. I was using camelCase in the Name field and apparently you can't have any capital letters in the name of your custom field or it won't save what you enter in that field for your items. Also you can't use reserved words like date or it will save the date instead of whatever you typed in.
I found an issue with the upload script.

Code:
if ($postSize < $this->sizeLimit || $uploadSize < $this->sizeLimit){

This line basicly makes it so you cannot upload at all if either of your ini settings are less than 10m ( which is hardcoded in the script )

Code:
$sizeLimit = 10 * 1024 * 1024;

Pehaps the script should be setting the classes sizelimite to the minimum ini setting, same way the files uploader does ?
People cannot always override these ini settings.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
I finished my first site using the Items Manager plugin and just wanted to say thank you to the developers. Here's the site here: http://www.highwaycars.net.au/

You may be able to notice one issue with the site...the client is uploading pictures that are 2mb+. I didn't really foresee that problem coming :-P

So here's my feed back: I realise I can change the max upload size (and I've told the client to lower the resolution on his camera) but are there any plans for image resizing options on upload?

Another thing that would be extremely useful is an option for image uploads to be deleted when the item is deleted, to save space.

Lastly, if you click on an existing item, the image upload buttons don't indicate if an image has already been uploaded or not.

Thanks again.
lloydp Wrote:I finished my first site using the Items Manager plugin and just wanted to say thank you to the developers. Here's the site here: http://www.highwaycars.net.au/

You may be able to notice one issue with the site...the client is uploading pictures that are 2mb+. I didn't really foresee that problem coming :-P

So here's my feed back: I realise I can change the max upload size (and I've told the client to lower the resolution on his camera) but are there any plans for image resizing options on upload?

Another thing that would be extremely useful is an option for image uploads to be deleted when the item is deleted, to save space.

Lastly, if you click on an existing item, the image upload buttons don't indicate if an image has already been uploaded or not.

Thanks again.

Awesome man, I am glad it worked for you! It looks great.
I will add image-resizing to the roadmap.
I will definitely include image deletions in the next version.

Quote:Lastly, if you click on an existing item, the image upload buttons don't indicate if an image has already been uploaded or not.
What do you think is the best way to do this? A text input box with the image name beneath it?
Great -- that's good to know Smile

mikeh Wrote:What do you think is the best way to do this? A text input box with the image name beneath it?

I imagined just a green box with the file name inside, and underneath a little upload link called "Replace" or something, that allows you to overwrite it.
Hello All

Items Manager is indeed interesting (very flexible) and I wanted to use it very much, but it seems like "a very good start" - not as a complete solution ...
so many features are missing , but it can be a DREAMY "catalog" solution ....
  • 1. ability to edit already created category (??).
    2. results pagination (??)
    3. url field for a category (which page includes it) or even custum-fields for caregory.
    4. one more template page (at least) - for the categories list (linked), or at least a placeholder for all categories.
    5. include in search or internal search.
    6. decent LANG file with all vars included
Tzvook Wrote:Hello All
Items Manager is indeed interesting (very flexible) and I wanted to use it very much, but it seems like "a very good start" - not as a complete solution ...
so many features are missing , but it can be a DREAMY "catalog" solution ....

1. ability to edit already created category (??).
  2. results pagination (??)
  3. url field for a category (which page includes it) or even custum-fields for caregory.
  4. one more template page (at least) - for the categories list (linked), or at least a placeholder for all categories.
  5. include in search or internal search.
  6. decent LANG file with all vars included

If you don't care that items are created as pages, you might want to look at I18N Special Pages. Your wishlist should be mostly fulfilled.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
mvlcek Wrote:If you don't care that items are created as pages....

Yes, that's the whole point :-)
to separate it completely ... that's why this flexible items manager is so nice ... but it's an "almost" - not "THE" ....
by the way - nested categories is one more thing in the list ...
Tzvook Wrote:
mvlcek Wrote:If you don't care that items are created as pages....

Yes, that's the whole point :-)
to separate it completely ... that's why this flexible items manager is so nice ... but it's an "almost" - not "THE" ....
by the way - nested categories is one more thing in the list ...
But what is necessarily wrong with having them as pages? You could even argue that having them in this format is more flexible, since they are able to have all of the functionality of regular pages in addition to whatever custom features you add via Special Pages.

If the problem is that because they are "regular" pages they are still shown on the 'View All Pages' admin page, then the only thing I can suggest is that mvlcek introduces a 'Hide from 'View All Pages'' option for Special Pages, so it at least feels or seems like it isn't a regular page. With this option, I'd fail to see why anyone wouldn't choose to use Special Pages if it provides everything else that they want, since really it is a cosmetic gripe more than anything else :-) In fact, because the pages are just indexed as normal pages, your users can still search for the items with the regular search function of the site: something that could not be achieved if the items were completely separated.
Quote:If the problem is that because they are "regular" pages they are still shown on the 'View All Pages' admin page, then the only thing I can suggest is that mvlcek introduces a 'Hide from 'View All Pages'' option for Special Pages, so it at least feels or seems like it isn't a regular page. With this option, I'd fail to see why anyone wouldn't choose to use Special Pages if it provides everything else that they want, since really it is a cosmetic gripe more than anything else :-) In fact, because the pages are just indexed as normal pages, your users can still search for the items with the regular search function of the site: something that could not be achieved if the items were completely separated.

Well, first of all - a 'Hide from 'View All Pages'' option is a nice option.
second: I'm not the "end user" , and end users need acsess only to places where no damage can be done :-( ... which means that limiting them to a "stand-alone-catalog" (nested-categories and items) is a good idea.
third: dealing with catalogs - categories is important - the ability to theme the categories nav (combo etc'), and here I'm limited to the theme nav
Angryboy Wrote:In fact, because the pages are just indexed as normal pages, your users can still search for the items with the regular search function of the site: something that could not be achieved if the items were completely separated.

I18N Search supports the indexing of items other than pages, see here.
This way it would be easy to add the items of Item Manager to the I18N Search index.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
mvlcek Wrote:I18N Search supports the indexing of items other than pages, see here.
This way it would be easy to add the items of Item Manager to the I18N Search index.

10x, missed that !!!!
that makes item-manager closer to "being it" ...
but it may relate to the custum-fields
it's not working in the NAME field...

The only thing left is enhancing the categories ablilities (editable + slug + description + nested ) ... and maybe an option to better controll the
'<?php im_list_categories(); ?>'
For the "item" - may be usefull to use a slug, to be included in multiple categories, and most of all - to remember it's category when edited .....

===============================================
I'm here after years (a lot) with xoops and wordpress, looking for lighter solution for small-medium sites, loving it !!!!
Anyway, going to prepare to the passover "seder", regards from the " holy land " ;-) ... will come back tomorow.
===============================================
p.s.
your gallery plugin may be great as a base for a slider plugin.
I now see it uses an old version of your cusum-fields that is not using the search ability.
as I said b4 - nice idea , but need to be a bit more mature ....
mvlcek Wrote:
Angryboy Wrote:In fact, because the pages are just indexed as normal pages, your users can still search for the items with the regular search function of the site: something that could not be achieved if the items were completely separated.

I18N Search supports the indexing of items other than pages, see here.
I stand corrected. :-)
Tzvook Wrote:Well, first of all - a 'Hide from 'View All Pages'' option is a nice option.
second: I'm not the "end user" , and end users need acsess only to places where no damage can be done :-( ... which means that limiting them to a "stand-alone-catalog" (nested-categories and items) is a good idea.
third: dealing with catalogs - categories is important - the ability to theme the categories nav (combo etc'), and here I'm limited to the theme nav
Oh by no means was I suggesting that the end user see the intricate workings of the site, nonono :-P All I was saying (which has been disproven by mvlcek) was that because the items would be indexed as normal pages with the SP plugin, if the user wanted to find a particular product simply by searching for it from the search field provided on the main page/search page, they could do so straight from there, rather than only being allowed to find the content via the menu or clicking on a series of hierarchical links. I was just thinking of how to make the access of your content as easy and intuitive as possible :-)

Another possible addition for the search plugin (though I don't know exactly how it could work) is if you could exclude certain pages or page types from being indexed in particular searches. So for instance, if you wanted your search field not to allow your users to search for items, then the search module would have a an option to exclude Special Pages of the type 'items' from being indexed.

I'll stop now though, since I've kinda derailed mikeh's topic into discussing I18N search - sorry, mikeh!
I want the items to be searched, but they are not ...
and I found some more bugs ( in the categories navigation and with non-latin item names)

Seems like the custom-pages is the only solution with GS right now
it's lake of category management , but, well ... I18N nav ...