Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Items Manager - ver: 1.4
@ Angryboy and mvlcek
Thank you !
Choosing I18N Special Pages + I18N search to do the job turned up to be so much better !!!
making manual category pages with filtered search results is far more flexible and gives the option to include an item in more then one category (since it's a search result and not a "real category"
so I simply works with 4 combo (scroll-down fields) and filter the results for a category with
Code:
(% searchresults tags="_parent_MY-SLUG" numWords="33p" words="WHATEVER" %)
Tzvook Wrote:@ Angryboy and mvlcek
Thank you !
Choosing I18N Special Pages + I18N search to do the job turned up to be so much better !!!
making manual category pages with filtered search results is far more flexible and gives the option to include an item in more then one category (since it's a search result and not a "real category"
so I simply works with 4 combo (scroll-down fields) and filter the results for a category with
Code:
(% searchresults tags="_parent_MY-SLUG" numWords="33p" words="WHATEVER" %)
You have joined us on the dark side.

[Image: darth-vader+join+me+and+we+will+rule.jpg]

Well done >:3

If you have any more to discuss on the subject of items managing that pertain to Special Pages/I18N Search, we should probably move the discussion into those respective topics.
Hello great plugin. I used it in 3.0 and 3.1 beta, after update to 3.1 stable detail page doesnt work. I checked htaccess and tried permalink, but still doesnt work. Items page work like a charm but detail page is empty. Canyou help me resolve this?
How would I sort alphabetically by one of my custom fields?
Am I correct in reading this support forum, that with Items Manager it is NOT possible to:
  • List only the items from one category
  • Sort the items in anyway other than how it manually decides

I'm creating a site for a restaurant and I was hoping I could use Items Manager to create their menu. It seemed like an easy way for the end user to manage it. But, if I can't list only the appetizers separate from the rest, the entrees separate from the rest, etc, than I have to find another way.

EDIT: So, I've figured out that I can use the get_items(); tag to allow filtering. Can someone please post a simple way to filter the results by category?
coffeepostal Wrote:Am I correct in reading this support forum, that with Items Manager it is NOT possible to:
  • List only the items from one category
  • Sort the items in anyway other than how it manually decides

I'm creating a site for a restaurant and I was hoping I could use Items Manager to create their menu. It seemed like an easy way for the end user to manage it. But, if I can't list only the appetizers separate from the rest, the entrees separate from the rest, etc, than I have to find another way.

EDIT: So, I've figured out that I can use the get_items(); tag to allow filtering. Can someone please post a simple way to filter the results by category?

I think if you were to simply use i18n Special Pages you wouldn't have any problem achieving that;

For the menu item categories, you would most likely use tags and then when you need to create a list of appetizers, you would use the i18n search results to display only items with that tag; you could display the search results very easily any way you want; as far as ordering the results, there is probably a way to get an array of the data for the special pages, in your case the menu items, and then sort them before outputting the list;

As far as i remember the items manager sorts by url, so if you use items manager and want custom sorting you would only need to specify the order using a 2 digit number as the beginning of your page slug; you could then add some rules to your htaccess to get the output results to render the URL how you want it.

when you want to display the results of only one 'category', in i18n Special Pages, you would have to setup the category as a tag and then specify what to output in the search results tag.
Hello,

Is there a way to create categories for custom fields?

I meant, that if I wish to submit items completely different (dvd, car, house etc..) Each of them will not have the same information to display.

ps: I try to use I18n Special Page, but I I' m to "stupid" to use it lol, so I try Item Manager and I felt less stupid ^^

Thanks for your help
Hi Mike,

I am trying to use your Items Manager (and GS Blog) but every time I try to upload a file with the image uploader custom field I get a failed error saying "increase post_max_size and upload_max_filesize to 10M".

I have already researched it and tried the various php.ini and .htaccess fixes and nothing is working.

I'm running GS3.1 on PHP 5.3.5 and my web health check says everything is okay.

Any ideas?
Dominic Wrote:Hi Mike,

I am trying to use your Items Manager (and GS Blog) but every time I try to upload a file with the image uploader custom field I get a failed error saying "increase post_max_size and upload_max_filesize to 10M".

I have already researched it and tried the various php.ini and .htaccess fixes and nothing is working.

I'm running GS3.1 on PHP 5.3.5 and my web health check says everything is okay.

Any ideas?

I fixed this issue in the GS Blog v1.1.2 but have not fixed it in the items manager. I will provide a fix soon but if you want you can check out the github for the GS Blog to see what changes I made to plugins/blog/uploader/server/php.php file to fix this.
mikeh Wrote:I fixed this issue in the GS Blog v1.1.2 but have not fixed it in the items manager. I will provide a fix soon but if you want you can check out the github for the GS Blog to see what changes I made to plugins/blog/uploader/server/php.php file to fix this.

Hi Mike,
I was able to get the files to upload initially but they would not show up on the Display Results page and would disappear when I went to manage the items. I did find a solution by making new custom Text Fields and entering the Original Image Links to the desired images in the file manager and it worked fine. Hopefully that will not cause issues on future versions.

I do have one more question: Does Items Manager have previous and next buttons for the display details page like you do on GS Blog? If not, is there any way to include those in your next release?

Thanks!
Dominic
Dominic Wrote:
mikeh Wrote:I fixed this issue in the GS Blog v1.1.2 but have not fixed it in the items manager. I will provide a fix soon but if you want you can check out the github for the GS Blog to see what changes I made to plugins/blog/uploader/server/php.php file to fix this.

Hi Mike,
I was able to get the files to upload initially but they would not show up on the Display Results page and would disappear when I went to manage the items. I did find a solution by making new custom Text Fields and entering the Original Image Links to the desired images in the file manager and it worked fine. Hopefully that will not cause issues on future versions.

I do have one more question: Does Items Manager have previous and next buttons for the display details page like you do on GS Blog? If not, is there any way to include those in your next release?

Thanks!
Dominic

I should be able to add pagination to the next version as well as the thumbnail fix.
Version 1.5 Added To Extend
  • Fixed thumbnail upload file size issue.
Hello everyone,
I have tried in previous posts but have not found the answer :-(

is possible to show a maximum number of items per page?
eg. maximum of 5 items per page?
thanks
I have some trouble with saving custom fields. When I make a custom field, say: TEXT. And i'm making a new item, I see the new custom field. But when i'm filling in the field and saving my new item, it doesn't show my new custom field. He didn't save my custom field. When I manually put <text></text> tags in the xml file, I see my custom field online. But when i'm editting and saving it again, my custom field in the xml file is gone.
Somebody got the same problem? Or know a solution?
hi, i have a problem when i add a new field. when i click on the button nothing is happen! all the rest of the plugin work correctly.
i think that the problem is the version of php on my server, but the plugin does not work on php 5.2 and 5.3!
someone can help me, please?
Thanks so much for this wonderful extension.

Is there any way to have this running on multiple pages?

For example, I have one page in which I want the client to be able to add/manage items for a "before and after" type scenario page.

But I also want them to be able to manage another page in the same way that will be, lets say "Items just in".

From what I can see from playing about, and reading this thread, I can only assume that right now the user can only add and manage items for a single page?

I have tried simply making another copy of the entire extension (and renaming it and related files and file paths etc) so that in essence, get simple see's them as two different extensions so I could have them manage two different pages, but this just ended up crashing the entire cms.

The ideal type of scenario I would be looking for would be that the extension is exactly as it is, except that I would be able to assign the page for the items to be shown on depending on category, and also define custom formatting of the Results Page Coding and fields, depending on category.

Hope this makes sense.
mocochoco Wrote:Is there any way to have this running on multiple pages?

For example, I have one page in which I want the client to be able to add/manage items for a "before and after" type scenario page.

But I also want them to be able to manage another page in the same way that will be, lets say "Items just in".

From what I can see from playing about, and reading this thread, I can only assume that right now the user can only add and manage items for a single page?

I think, mikeh is working on this.

But you might also want to look at the I18N Special Pages plugin (and I18N Search plugin) which provides similar functionality as the Items Manager, but uses regular pages for items. You can define multiple page types with different custom fields, display options, indexing for search, etc.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
Sorry if it's already been linked to but it seems this plugin hasn't been patched for this vulnerability yet:

GetSimple Items Manager Arbitrary File Upload Vulnerability

Edit: Maybe just a Deny from All .htaccess in the server folder will be enough, otherwise the old <?php if(!defined('IN_GS')){ die('You cannot load this page directly.'); } ?> at the top might be the go too. Hard to say without looking at it closer.
Modern UI Admin for GetSimple
Watch the demo. Install this plugin. Use this CSS. Enjoy.
mvlcek Wrote:I think, mikeh is working on this.

But you might also want to look at the I18N Special Pages plugin (and I18N Search plugin) which provides similar functionality as the Items Manager, but uses regular pages for items. You can define multiple page types with different custom fields, display options, indexing for search, etc.

Ah ok, that's a shame, but thanks for your reply. I did have a look at the I18N Special Pages plugin, but it just didn't quite seem to be what I was looking for. I just basically needed an extension that allows the user to create items within the page, but with preset fields and styling for the container.

The item manager was 100% perfect, even being able to run 2 instances of the extension at once would have been suffice. I'm continuing to try and edit the files in a duplicated folder of the item manager so getSimple will recognise it as another extension and I can have them both running.

Not much luck as of yet but i'm sure it will be possible.

Thanks again
mocochoco Wrote:I did have a look at the I18N Special Pages plugin, but it just didn't quite seem to be what I was looking for. I just basically needed an extension that allows the user to create items within the page, but with preset fields and styling for the container.
I18N Special Pages is perfect for this purpose. It's pretty straight forward once you familiarise yourself with it and it's very flexible in its applications. Read up on it and let us know if you still have trouble.
Modern UI Admin for GetSimple
Watch the demo. Install this plugin. Use this CSS. Enjoy.
Why is this plugins subfolder called items and not item_manager ?
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
sal Wrote:Sorry if it's already been linked to but it seems this plugin hasn't been patched for this vulnerability yet:

GetSimple Items Manager Arbitrary File Upload Vulnerability

Edit: Maybe just a Deny from All .htaccess in the server folder will be enough, otherwise the old <?php if(!defined('IN_GS')){ die('You cannot load this page directly.'); } ?> at the top might be the go too. Hard to say without looking at it closer.

No those aren't valid solutions,
This file is appears to be publicly accessible, with no security. It needs auth checks, and file extension filters.
Having it on your server is a vulnerability, add a quick login check to it or something in the meantime or remove it completely.

Also you should have .htaccess rules in your uploads and thumbs folder that are something other that allow all. Something like a filtype filter and a no exec one. To at least limit the public execution of a payload.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
Version 1.6 Added To Extend
  • Fixed security vulnerability! - Fixed insecure image upload file. It is very important you update to version 1.6 for this fix.
  • Rearranged and structured some files
  • Added ability to sort items. add sort=fieldtosortby in the url on the display all items page for simple sorting.
mikeh Wrote:Version 1.6 Added To Extend
  • Fixed security vulnerability! - Fixed insecure image upload file. It is very important you update to version 1.6 for this fix.
  • Rearranged and structured some files
  • Added ability to sort items. add sort=fieldtosortby in the url on the display all items page for simple sorting.

Hi Mike, thanks a lot for the update, much appreciated. On a side note, would be be able to tell me - Is there a way I can get to versions of this plugin working at once so I can have it on running on another page. My client has this running on one and is loving it. She has got used to how it works but needs this for another section of the website also.
WOW mikeh, this is great. Nice work!

Was testing this (http://getsimple.dare-is.nl/test/items/) but how to transfer the category to the Items Detailed Page? On page /item/?item=xxx function getTheField('category') does not work ;(

I designed two views (thumb & full), can items be called on a second page?