Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
MLD email newsletter plugin
My apologies for the bugs, I didn't test enough. I can PM my email address to you, so you can email the patches?
Thats ok for me.

Thanks for all

Regards
Luis
http://guimi.net
Hi,
I had this issue, every time someone uses the register form it sended four messages Undecided

So, after some debug, I found the problem:
my theme of getsimple has some information on footer that is defined as pages.
So for each call to index.php I have 4 calls to get_i18n_content, one for the main page and three for footer.
The thing is every time get_i18n_content calls at the end mld_newsletter_parse.
Thats why every time it the register form sends four messages.

I don't know if someone could have the same problem, but I made a patch so once the function mldNewsletterForm calls subscribe/unsubscribe/email_confirm it can make the call again.
As usually, the debug take a while but the solution is sort, only add 3 lines.
I attach the patch.

Regards
Luis
http://guimi.net
Hi all!

I'm new here and definitely loving the GetSimple CMS. I'm building my first site with this newsletter sub on my homepage. I have pretty much found my way implementing it but upon registering name and email and hitting Submit I'm getting this error "Failed to subscribe the e-mail address. Try again or contact us."

The strange thing is when I check Manage Subscribers the subscription has actually gone through.
I'm a few steps closer and have gone through so much reading already on this forum. Anyone can enlighten me what could possibly be wrong why I cannot get a Success message instead?

Greatly appreciated!
Hi!
did you receive the subscription e-mail?

I think the problem could be the e-mail settings.
Check your server, user, password, cipher...

Luck!
Regards
Luis
luis Wrote:Hi!
did you receive the subscription e-mail?

I think the problem could be the e-mail settings.
Check your server, user, password, cipher...

Luck!
Regards
Luis

Strange enough there are no notifications being sent to the subscriber. Let me try to dig and see if I have missed anything. My email settings should be correct though. And I'm testing from localhost if that's anything to say. If I get it to work I'll then move the update to the test site online.
Quote:Strange enough there are no notifications being sent to the subscriber.

Bingo! The error is because it can't send the e-mail.
I had to change my settings a couple of times before get it to work.

As I told before, check your newsletter settings: server, user, password, cipher...

Luck!
Regards
Luis
luis Wrote:
Quote:Strange enough there are no notifications being sent to the subscriber.

Bingo! The error is because it can't send the e-mail.
I had to change my settings a couple of times before get it to work.

As I told before, check your newsletter settings: server, user, password, cipher...

Luck!
Regards
Luis

Cool, thanks Luis. I will give it a try and see where it might be. I think you're right on checking the settings though so I will try them a few more times. I'm a little closer.

I will let you know once I get it done.
Everytime I try to send a test newsletter I get only alert with "null" text. Is there a change to implement php_mail() function beside sending through smtp protocol ?
Some hosts won't let to sent mails w/o using SSL/TLS, and after couple tries this plugin always returns an alert that ssl/tls isn't configured in php.

edit: I've got additional suggestion. It would be nice to have only 1 e-mail input field. The username would be taken from entered e-mail address, as a string before @.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
hi community..
i am having problem with the plugin. i am using GS 3.1 and plugin show in the plugin section but its not activating. when i try to active it automatically deactivated again. is it compatibility issue?.. it also show an explanation mark on plugin menu.
any body has any idea?
Hi So I have told my client that I will be supplying them with mailing list thanks to the MLD Newsletter plugin I have done my design and browser checks and added the javascript interactions etc and before I confirmed I could supply a mailing list function to their site I checked this plugin was working and I could get it up and running. it all seemed to work fine sending all the right confirmation emails etc but now for some reason its falling over everysingle time.

When I enter to register for the mailing list I get a message saying the email address is already registered ( which it definatley isnt) then I check the subscribers list and the account is registerd and been sent a confirmation email. I then click the confirmation link and it say's "confirmation code not found", however on checking the settings I find the email address to have a green tick confirming it has been verified.

so the issue seems to be the wrong messages being sent to the front-end?

things I have tried:
updated to GetSimple 3.1
reinstalled the plugin several times
tried different SMTP settings
different email accounts for sending the emails

I would hope you can [point me in the right direction to solve this issues as my client needs this up and running ASAP and I had thought it would just work as it had in my tests.

let me know if you want any links etc to see for your self.

thanks
mossawir Wrote:is it compatibility issue?.. it also show an explanation mark on plugin menu.
The plugin should work on GS3.1. The exclamation mark indicates there is a plugin update available.

tobo Wrote:so the issue seems to be the wrong messages being sent to the front-end?
I think it has something to do with the SMTP settings. Not all providers let you use their SMTP servers. Can you PM me a link so I can have a look?
leenm Wrote:
mossawir Wrote:is it compatibility issue?.. it also show an explanation mark on plugin menu.
The plugin should work on GS3.1. The exclamation mark indicates there is a plugin update available.

tobo Wrote:so the issue seems to be the wrong messages being sent to the front-end?
I think it has something to do with the SMTP settings. Not all providers let you use their SMTP servers. Can you PM me a link so I can have a look?

PM'ed
tobo Wrote:PM'ed
Thanks, I'll have a look.

EDIT: I tried to subscribe and got the message "the email address is already registered". I also received two emails. So:
- The SMTP and email settings are probably correct (because I receive the emails)
- The script gets executed twice for some reason.

EDIT2:
There are no problems when I test locally on my pc. It has probably something to do with the jquery script that is used for the overlay. What happens when you place the subscribeform on a regular page?
Quote:EDIT2:
There are no problems when I test locally on my pc. It has probably something to do with the jquery script that is used for the overlay. What happens when you place the subscribeform on a regular page?

I have commented out the sidebar and now the form is just rendering under the content. still get the same messages when I try to register.

the script seems to be working as far as the subscribe and emailing it just is sending the wrong messages to the page??
tobo Wrote:the script seems to be working as far as the subscribe and emailing it just is sending the wrong messages to the page??
You do have the latest version of the plugin installed? Do you still get two confirmation emails after registering?
leenm Wrote:
tobo Wrote:the script seems to be working as far as the subscribe and emailing it just is sending the wrong messages to the page??
You do have the latest version of the plugin installed? Do you still get two confirmation emails after registering?

just downloaded a fresh version of the plugin and dropped it in. uploaded it to the server and still getting the same issue. also canged the call to MLD newsletter from the echo in the template file to the in line (% ... %) rfrence to see is that made any difference

I have attached a shot of the plugin listing in the admin panel just so you can see it

EDIT: yes still getting 2 confirmation emails
Try replacing the file mld-newsletter.php in the ./plugin/ folder with attached file. This prevents the subscribe function to run twice.
leenm Wrote:Try replacing the file mld-newsletter.php in the ./plugin/ folder with attached file. This prevents the subscribe function to run twice.

Ok thats done and it submitting without returning a message and only one confirmation email comming through but the also still get the "confirmation code not found" error.

Thank you for all you help by the way. hopefully we can get the sorted.
tobo Wrote:Thank you for all you help by the way. hopefully we can get the sorted.
We can do this Smile

Try attached file. I've made some improvements and you should see the correct messages now.
leenm Wrote:We can do this Smile

Try attached file. I've made some improvements and you should see the correct messages now.

Your such a star!! that has solved it!! Thanks for that really appreciate the quick response and effort you put in to getting this fixed. if only all devs supported the plugins this well!

so did you have to refactor the code alot? will it mean an update to the plugin or am I and edge case which shouldnt happen that much?
tobo Wrote:...

so did you have to refactor the code alot? will it mean an update to the plugin or am I and edge case which
shouldnt happen that much?
Thanks. I've made a few small changes but these changes will also be in the next update of the plugin, so you can update when it becomes available. Others can probably have the same problem (with v0.6), you are just the first to report it.
After all I'm glad it works now.
Hi there,

Added this really nice plugin recently and things seemed to function pretty good.

However upon testing it again today and subscribing using an email address I hadn't used before I get:

Quote:Failed to subscribe the e-mail address. Try again or contact us.

If I check the admin the addres IS added but no conformation email is received.

In the settings no SMTP settings are currently filled in, could that be it? Or does it default to the standard way of sending emails via the server then?

In any case, if somebody has some pointers?
Draxeiro Wrote:Hi there,

Added this really nice plugin recently and things seemed to function pretty good.

However upon testing it again today and subscribing using an email address I hadn't used before I get:

Quote:Failed to subscribe the e-mail address. Try again or contact us.

If I check the admin the addres IS added but no conformation email is received.

In the settings no SMTP settings are currently filled in, could that be it? Or does it default to the standard way of sending emails via the server then?

In any case, if somebody has some pointers?

I had the same issue but once the SMTP settings are in it started working fine.
Draxeiro Wrote:In the settings no SMTP settings are currently filled in, could that be it? Or does it default to the standard way of sending emails via the server then?
A SMTP server and port are required. Usually something like "localhost" and "25". The system doesn't use the PHP mail function.