Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
MLD email newsletter plugin
pharqall Wrote:[...]Thay way if someone has a problem with SMTP they could use sendmail or vice versa.[...]
I'll second that. My host tells in phpinfo it has SSL on, but GS cannot get through.
Thank you for your hard work.
Hi Leen,

i just did a german translation for your newsletter plugin, see attachment.
Comments welcome.

Very helpful plugin, many thanks!

Holger
Hi guys

I am real newbie with a very thick head.
Having trouble with Newsletter settings.
Is it enough just to check the box:
"Use site email address for sending to administrator."
If not, could someone give me pointers how to set up the SMTP account properly.
No matter how many times I tried it didn't work.
I can use the same settings in my email program.
The hosting company is 1&1 and website is:
http://lazlo.us/test/GalleryArts/index.p...-mail-list

Thank you
Hi,

I have created a fr_FR.php file in the lang/ directory but nothing happens on the front-end : labels still are in english Huh. Could someone tell me if I missed something ? Thanks !
Hi, i did a french translation too.. but in the English php.. i don't need it and its working.

But i had other things that didn't work
when i create an newsletter and save it.. something tell me the creation didn't work.. but when i watch the list i saw that the letter is created.
If i modified it.. the same thing happend.. but in the list, a new newsletter is here.

The subscription is the same.
We submit in the formular to receive the letter (that said doesn't work but in the list of regsitred user , the nam and mail is here.)

???? i got issues about chmod or what ?
(2012-07-03, 17:46:15)linden Wrote: Hey, also a request.
Liking the plugin in general and how it works.
But would want to be able to group contacts.................

I like the plugin too - very useful !!!

I'll add myself to the "GROUPS" feature request .
And would like to add one more feature request - to be able to edit users + an admin comments field for users
On my site http://3b.site90.com hosted by 000webhost.com I can't use MLD Nesletter. I try any settings of my SMTP-Server on hosteurope.de Possible can it bee, that 000webhost.com use /usr/local/bin/phpsendmail?
Totally useless. Won't send out emails. I've spent 4 hours on it, so that's the end. On to MailChimp.

-Don
The plugin tells that there is a new version available: 0.8
When you upload that version and install it at your site, you will still get the information that the plugin should be updated!!!

Why?

the new version 0.8 of MLD Newsletter still has wrong plugin-registration-data:

Code:
register_plugin(
    $thisfile,
    'MLD Newsletter',
    '0.7',
    'Leen Moerland',
    'http://www.leenmoerland.com/',
    'Newsletter plugin for GS',
    'mld-newsletter',
    'newsletters'
);

to get rid of that annoying notification, open the file mld-newsletter.php in an editor (not WORD!) and edit line 59:

change 0.7 to 0.8!!!!

let's hope that the plugin will be corrected soon!
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
well, now I need help!

I installed the MLD newsletter version 0.8 and try to use it.
I ran into a problem with paths and the hoster's support told me

that I have to modify the session-path in the script.
/tmp is not in reach of the script.

the path for my client's account is /var/www/xxxClientAccountxxxx/phptmp

but I do not know how to change that, I am not such a server-frisbee ;=(

can somebody help me out? I would love to concentrate on other problems...

Cheers, Connie
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Nobody????

I need support!
|--

Have installed this plugin and confirmed settings with my host but I am getting the following error:

Connection could not be established with host ******* [Unable to find the socket transport "SSL" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP? #51761368]

Can anyone give assisitance???
Thanks
need help with the csv import
I downloaded the actual version of the plugin but don´t know how to import the csv file. I created a .csv with excel, uploaded it to the filemanager in getsimple. The filemanager opens on klick to import csv but then I can´t choose any file.

Thank you for your help
SoHo
Hi SoHo22,

when i click onto "Browse Server" in the MLD Newletter "import csv" section the filebrowser opens and i just have to click my xy.csv to select it.

But i have a different problem then:
After loading the csv by clicking onto Import it shows rows and columns and wants me to select which is user name, which email. After selecting i click "Import" again but i does only hide everything again and does not import anything Huh

Anyone any idea what to do?

Holger
Quote:Have installed this plugin and confirmed settings with my host but I am getting the following error:

Connection could not be established with host ******* [Unable to find the socket transport "SSL" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP? #51761368]

Thanks

Is there no longer support for this plug-in? Please - Can anyone give assistance?
Quote:Have installed this plugin and confirmed settings with my host but I am getting the following error:

Thanks

It seems that SSL is not enabled in your php.ini

that is your hoster's job, ask them to enable it

PS: a good wa to find a solution is to run a search as well. A simple google search with the term
"unable to find the socket transport ssl - did you forget to enable it when you configured php )" brings a lot of results

and this long list of results demonstrates that it is a configuration problem and not a problem of the script itself

Ask your hoster's support to enable SSL for you

Cheers, Connie
|--

you check whether SSL is installed at your server

create a file, f.e. info.php with this content:
Code:
<?php
phpinfo();
?>

upload it to your host
call it in the browser
check this part of the info

[Image: sslsocket.jpg]

if you see "SSL" there, then it is installed but your configuration does not work

you can try to go with these settings:
[Image: sslmail.jpg]

it worked for me when I kept the Encryption-Field empty, no SSL or TSL
|--

I just started with this plugin, and it sounds promising! I have it working (after a little struggle with the smtp server settings) but stumble across another problem.

While creating a newsletter i would like to use more options of the editor but i can't seem to find the location where i could enable those functions. Any suggestions?
the editor is hooked in in mld-newsletter.php, beginning in line 386
line 397 defines the toolbar
|--

Hey Connie, thanks for the quick reply!

I found the line, but when i try to add anything there it doesn't show in my editor. When i move the original values around it works, but using new things like Formatting Styles it doesn't do anything.

What i try to add is this:

Code:
toolbar : [['Bold','Italic','Underline','NumberedList','BulletedList','JustifyLeft','JustifyCenter','JustifyRight','Table','TextColor','Link','Unlink','Image','Font','FontSize','Source','FormattingStyles','ParagraphFormat','FontName']],

Do i have to enable the Advanced Tool bar like in the normal editor for the website?
Naroy,

I cannot answer your question, because I never tried it

but why don't you try it? It takes you only 2 minutes and you know
|--

Hey Connie,

I already did, but there doesn't seems to be an option for that as if described in the gsconfig.php page. I searched for the keyword "basic" since that is the default option for the editor in GetSimple but didn't find anything that revealed an option like that.

I noticed something else though, i uploaded an plugin for CKEditor that enabled the <hr> command. This works when i add it to the editor in MLD. I can't seem to find why the functions that are already installed don't work Undecided
I worked with the plugin in the last time, succeeded to activate it at one host, had no chance with another hoster (alphahosting in Germany).

I have some suggestions and one small glitch to report.

1. the actual version of the plugin is 0.8, but as the header of mld-newsletter.php still notices the version 0.7, the update-notice in backend will persist.
    Please correct the version number in the register_plugin-function! I posted this in february already!
  2. as some hosters have basedir-restrictions in effect and are not willing to change that. maybe the caching could use a cache-directory in the data-directory of GS instead of the system-cache?
  3. please take off that long changelog at the beginning of the mld-newsletter.php. That is not really necessary...
  4. the option to include the tag into a page and not only into the template, as I had to create a special template just for one page...
I miss a documentation.
Why not add a readme.txt to the package (with the changelog as well) with these informations:
  • a list of ALL template tags of the plugin, I read by chance that there is a tag to show an archive of the newsletter, but what is the exact tag for that?
  • a hint to the css-files, most important to the CSS for the front end.
  • info how to deactivate the use of the css-file(s) which sits in the pluginfolder, because all changes there will be overwritten with an update. I prefer to keep my styles in the template-css-files.

If it is not possible to deactivate the default css-file, I ask for an option for the future
  • a list of all css elements which the plugin uses
  • some more explanation of the smtp-settings, as it is not obvious that you can leave blank the field "SLS / TLS" as well, here I suggest a select-box with "none, SLS, TLS", why not?

I suggest to use only css-names with a prefix, all styles should use the prefix "mld" so it is obvious that they belong to the plugin, there are IDs like "update" etc. which might collide with other definitions

These are my 5 cents, after I got the plugin working and finished the styling of the subscribe-form

Cheers, Connie
|--

(2013-05-19, 05:22:09)Naroy Wrote: I noticed something else though, i uploaded an plugin for CKEditor that enabled the <hr> command. This works when i add it to the editor in MLD. I can't seem to find why the functions that are already installed don't work Undecided

did you delete your browser's cache, did you test with different browsers?

If one new works but the old ones don't, maybe it's still in the cache

but I have no idea, as this is not really a question for MLD-Newsletter, but for plugins in general, maybe you can find an answer in the developer-discussions-forum? I suggest to start a new thread there as a post in an older thread does not get so much attention from the developers and code-savy people ;=)

Cheers, Connie
|--

Address in mailbox given [] does not comply with RFC 2822, 3.6.2.
Unfortunately, there is no normal working plugin for newsletters