Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum: incomplete submits and security questions
I've noticed that in the last about two weeks often only part of a reply is committed to the forum.
For me it mostly happens if I have to enter the security question in between.
(Often I see it at once because I get an error, if the text dropped contains a required bbcode end tag)

Also on one of my computers (Windows 7, Firefox) answering the security question after submitting a post only displays another security question and so on. I can only save the post by pressing F5 (refresh) after an answered question or going back and submitting the post again.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
I saw the same situation, but I did not encounter it myself

but it started to happen in the last 2 weeks or so
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
i think its a spam prevention plugin that we are using... the sad part is that it has cut down the spam registrations from 100+ to 30 or so... so its useful... but its causing this problem.

Someone once mentioned that they think it happened when they put a & in their post
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
I encountered mvlcek's described problem with the perpetual security questions once as well.
ccagle8 Wrote:Someone once mentioned that they think it happened when they put a & in their post
Might have been me. If it's the same plugin as you were using earlier in the year it doesn't pass some of the special characters through properly but I forget which one...

I could test though!

Double quote

Edit: And there we go, should have been a double quote at the end of that line, plus lines saying Single quote and Ampersand with the appropriate symbols...
Here is the plugin that works pretty well to stop spam... but causes this partial posting problem. If anyone could find the problem... id be very grateful.
- Chris

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Vulch Wrote:Double quote

Edit: And there we go, should have been a double quote at the end of that line, plus lines saying Single quote and Ampersand with the appropriate symbols...

Yes, I can confirm that everything after double quotes is removed.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
ccagle8 Wrote:Here is the plugin that works pretty well to stop spam... but causes this partial posting problem. If anyone could find the problem... id be very grateful.
In pun_stop_bots/views/question_page.php change line 22 from...
Code:
<input name="<?php echo $hidden_key; ?>" value="<?php echo $hidden_value; ?>" type="hidden">
...to...
Code:
<input name="<?php echo $hidden_key; ?>" value="<?php echo htmlspecialchars($hidden_value); ?>" type="hidden">
...which seems to fix it without breaking things later.

The problem seems to be the text is put unquoted as the value attribute of a hidden input field, so the double quote terminates the attribute leaving the rest of the text dangling.
Thanks Vulch...i've updated the plugin so lets see what happens!
- Chris