Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick Links Or New Hook
I have been using some 'quick links' on my clients sites for quite some time now. Many have reported it helps them get acquainted with the cms and they use them regularly.

Right now I have it hard coded into the cms, but it would be great if somthing similar was added to the core, or if there was a hook to launch a plugin before the pages are displayed (on 'Pages' page).

Below is a screenshot:
[Image: quick-links.jpg]
Those quick links look great...

I've added anew hook to the pages.php page called "pages-main"

just before the Pages list.

MIke
My Github Repos: Github
mikeh Wrote:I have been using some 'quick links' on my clients sites for quite some time now. Many have reported it helps them get acquainted with the cms and they use them regularly.

Right now I have it hard coded into the cms, but it would be great if somthing similar was added to the core, or if there was a hook to launch a plugin before the pages are displayed (on 'Pages' page).

Below is a screenshot:
[Image: quick-links.jpg]

mikeh - how did you create the new tabs in the back end? Are these hardcoded as well? Do they have menu hooks?

-Rob A>

-Rob A>
RobA Wrote:mikeh - how did you create the new tabs in the back end? Are these hardcoded as well? Do they have menu hooks?

I think most plugin use the nav-tab hook and the loadtab.php script from plugins by squareit - you can find it e.g. in the I18N Gallery plugin.
I assumed it would be added to GetSimple 3.1, but - as I just checked - it wasn't (yet?).
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.