Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GetSimple and ajax
Hey everyone. I'm trying out GetSimple by building a friend's portfolio site. You can view a draft of the site here: http://www.i-am-matthew.com/others/getsimple.

If you click on one of the menu items you'll see that instead of using normal site navigation I'm going for dynamic jquery/ajax approach that will call page content as it needs it. This is to support the client's desire for site movement, etc.

My question involves the use of ajax with GetSimple. It seems that the way pages are tied to templates relies on the URL, i.e. the only way to access page 'test-page' is to 1) make the page, 2) link it to a template and 3) visit the correct URL.

Does this mean that loading page contents dynamically is out of the question, or am I missing something obvious?

Thanks for your help!
if you are linking to a page, it has to "exist" right?

jQuery ajax can pull content from any page you request (example: via the href tag), then load a certain "part" of that page while stopping the page refresh. Check out the jQuery load() function.

Rule of thumb if you are using javascript/Ajax: Create the page without any javascript first, then layer JS on top of a working site to enhance the UI and to get it working the way you want.
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!