Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple inputs by user possible?
Hello all.

I've been reading a lot of the wiki and other stuff and trying to make my own first theme.
I try to program for web but i can't do nothing good, it's one big difficulty for me.
Im trying to understand the world of get-simple, trying to make sense on my head but i continue to be confused.

One big thing that i didn't understand yet is: It is possible to make a template where our client can change/insert the content (text, images, etc), on each div, individually, in a page with multiple divs? something like this? for example ...

[Image: duvidab.jpg]

many thanks
You can use the plugin pages-excerpts.php for divs, or in ckeditor page to create a few divs, or use divs components (<?php get_i18n_component('name-component'); ?>) or of such a code <?php get_i18n_content('page-slug'); ?> , using a plugin i18n
Im going to try them. Thanks
Hello all.
(Im using 000freehost, free account, to train get simple, hope this is not a limitation to get-simple)

I am unable to understand why this doesn’t work like I have imagined. Im trying a lot of experiencies but Im stuck. The issue is:

I have a template.php (index default). Inside his footer I put; <?php include('template_2.php'); ?>

Template_2.php is a different one that im implementing inside the template.php footer. And successfully appears in that particular place.

Template 2 is importing information from a page that I created, called texto_2. For that im using the pages excerpts plugin (http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/pages-excerpts/62/ ). I put <?php echo page_excerpt('texto_2', 50000000, 'html'); ?> ( …I exaggerated on the chars lol). So now I can open that page and edit its content, upgrading my footer info easily.

But … if I put images in texto_2 with the ckeditor … they don’t appear on the template.php footer :’(.
Why?? Text yes, images no ...
Note, the images were uploaded to the files place.

Many thanks
sausage
sausage Wrote:But … if I put images in texto_2 with the ckeditor … they don’t appear on the template.php footer :’(.
Why?? Text yes, images no ...
Note, the images were uploaded to the files place.

give us the URL to check, without that it is difficult to support.

how are the images linked, with absolute or relative URLs in your text?
CKEditor includes images with absolute URL, so it should work.
Did you edit that?
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
here the index. No image shows on footer

but HERE, it appears.This one uses the default template

i think im using absolute URLs
sausage Wrote:One big thing that i didn't understand yet is: It is possible to make a template where our client can change/insert the content (text, images, etc), on each div, individually, in a page with multiple divs? something like this? for example ...

yes
create template (html+css), prepare pages and name them similar to content boxes in your template (set them as private).
Then look here: http://get-simple.info/forum/topic/1237/...-php-page/
and use function to load slugs content into your containers (divs).
You can also use conditional statements to show your containers only on specific pages.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
Thanks yojoe. Didnt read those.
And thanks Zegnåt for your fuctions.