Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Repeatable regions/chunks?
Hi all

First... what a great CMS! Some cute little WordPress touches, but with a nice small footprint. Ideal for some of the smaller sites I do. Before coming here, I used to use CMS From Scratch. That was a very basic one (it's since been discontinued) but one of the things it was handy for was repeatable regions. I'm really hoping something like that is possible in GetSimple, because GS seems a far more polished product.

What I'm hoping to be able to offer the site owner is the ability for them to fill in a few custom fields, and for these custom fields to then get treated as a single item and appended to a list of similar items. Basically, this...
[Image: juv4fc.gif]

Also in the admin area, there would need to be a table that lists all the items, whereby the site owner can select any item and move it up or down one place in the list order - and/or edit it, or delete it.

Obviously before all this, I would first need to specify the custom field types that the website owner would have at their disposal - in this case, text input, long text input, and image upload field - and set up the styling.

If anyone can tell me whether this sort of thing is possible (or offer any pointers if it's not - I'll still be using GetSimple for other stuff) I'd really appreciate it.

Many thanks.
Welcome to the community....

Check the plugins section of the forum for items manager by Mikeh

That should do exactly what you want..
My Github Repos: Github
Cool - that looks like it should do the job!

(I was expecting the forum to only contain what was in the Extend link at the top)

Will have a play around with it. Thanks n00dles. Smile