Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GetSimple credits link
I suggest that the get_site_credits tag be edited in the next version of get simple. I would prefer to see the link back to the GetSimple website occur in a new window, so the user doesn't leave the website.

I know I can easily insert create my own link back to the website that opens in a new window. However, I think this is something that may be preferred by others as well.

I'm not sure if others feel this way too, or just me so I'd love to hear what others have to say.

Thanks
I agree, this is a best practice typically.
JWH Technologies
Have any marketing ideas for Get-Simple? Let me hear them!
agreed... made the change in the SVN
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
target="_blank" will fail validation.

Better to use:

<base target="_blank" /> in the header ???
My Github Repos: Github
n00dles101 wouldn't that change all the links on the page?
JWH Technologies
well whatdya know , so it does... 8)

never noticed it before.... scrub that idea so...
My Github Repos: Github
How about setting the
Code:
rel="external"
then adding a little bit of java to do the rest:
Code:
function externalLinks() { if (!document.getElementsByTagName) return; var anchors = document.getElementsByTagName("a"); for (var i=0; i<anchors.length; i++) { var anchor = anchors[i]; if (anchor.getAttribute("href") && anchor.getAttribute("rel") == "external") anchor.target = "_blank"; } } window.onload = externalLinks;

Not sure how this will validate just saw it on a quick google search
JWH Technologies
OWS_Matthew Wrote:then adding a little bit of java to do the rest:

that's not Java, that's Javascript ;=)
a common misunderstanding ...
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
n00dles101 Wrote:target="_blank" will fail validation.
You have to decide if you want to satisfy the validator or the site owner/user, I suppose.

If you select an appropriate DTD, target="_blank" can validate; otherwise one is at the mercy of disabled JS and pop-up blockers and will have no idea how the site will work for a visitor.
--
Nick.
Good catch Connie, sorry about that!
JWH Technologies
agreed Nick - i just added target="_blank" because I am not concerned with the fact that it doesn't validate in strict environments... HTML5 all the way!
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!