Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New installation and folder not writable
Hi,

I made a new installation by transferring files to host. I did chmod /data and /backups to 0777 and it's ok. Also those settings remain after logout.
When opening pages for the first time I am receiving error message "Unable to write config file" and "Folder Permissions -> Error - Not Writable". Of course that prevents me to go forward with installation.

I have tried to find a solution from this forum without luck.

Also chmodding everything to 777 (including sub-dirs) does not help.

Host has PHP 5.3.8 without ZipArchive.

Any suggestions ? Could it be something wrong with files/dirs ownership ?
At this time group = httpd and owner = my username.

Jysse

edit: Anyone ? I would like to stick with this host and resolve this problem. Tested with my own server (Debian+Apache) and it worked ok.
Hmm... can you specify which host you have? Linux hosting i'm assuming.

Anyways. If I were you (and I were installing a completely new GetSimple installation with no data) then I would delete anything I had on the host. Then I would upload the unzipped contents of the GetSimple ZIP archive via an FTP using Binary (just in case).

Try going to the web address and if the pre-installation check shows the folders are still not writable I would make them writable using my ftp client and try again.

I'm not sure if you have been using an ftp client or a host's file manager. Give this a try.
Thanks for your help. Unfortunately I could not get it working by following your suggestions. Must be something with the host and I'm contacting them next.
If I find a solution I will update this thread.

Jysse
jysse Wrote:Thanks for your help. Unfortunately I could not get it working by following your suggestions. Must be something with the host and I'm contacting them next.
If I find a solution I will update this thread.

Jysse

Hmm... I'm out of clues or suggestions. Good luck on trying to get it working.