Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"NetworkError: 500 Internal Server Error on admin page, before setup
When I install, I get an internal server 500 running apache on Fedora 15 (local install for testing purposes).
I deactivate SELinux, just to make sure, the folders are all writable. No error in the error log, and just a mention of it shows in the acces log. Attached is my phpinfo. If anyone could point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated. Of course it probably has to do with my config, and I don't mind searching.

Thank you all!

Simon
Simon,

this error means a lot, it is not significant for a specific error but error report for many causes
you did not attach your phpinfo

so: as it is a local server:

why not delete the complete installation, unzip again and install again?
it will take only 5 minutes
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Connie Wrote:Simon,

this error means a lot, it is not significant for a specific error but error report for many causes
you did not attach your phpinfo

so: as it is a local server:

why not delete the complete installation, unzip again and install again?
it will take only 5 minutes
Oups, then something went wrong when I sent my phpInfo file . I'll try again after coffee. As for reinstalling, I tried twice, ounce in /home/user/public_html and ounce in /var/www/html. I still get the same issue. I know it has to do with my test server config. I just unzipped the package to the production server and everything worked fine.
I also looked over Google for few hours before sending the request. I don't usually bother people before reading the manual Wink
before searching google for hours, why don't you ask your hoster's support? It's their business
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Okay , problem solved, thanks to juangake. As I mentionned in an earlier post, this is a test install on my local machine, so definitely not a hoster's problem. On Fedora's default install, php-xml is not installed by default. phpinfo() shows there is XML support but the required package is not there. Installing it and restarting the server solved the problem.

Case closed!