Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Integrating PayPal's shopping cart with GetSimple
hameau Wrote:
jyoz22 Wrote:Either way, the method I employed in the tutorial is the exact method that is given by PayPal's own button generator ...
Sorry, I didn't mean to sound critical of your tutorial. I agree that you are generating exactly the same code that PayPal would give and that it is perfectly acceptable (given the PP account safeguards that you mention).

What confused me somewhat is that if you go to that PayPal button generator when logged in to a PayPal account (which is what I've always done), then the default is a coded button, stored at PayPal. That's why I have never seen the plain-text version there ...

Anyway, to my original question: provided that the PayPal account holder is diligent in checking orders before accepting the funds, can we presume that any risk is low and controlled? It sounds as if that should be the case. Am I paranoid for no reason? :-o

No problem. Yes, I used the exact code PayPal provides, when not logged-in; just using the code available in the developer central.

Ummm, to try to answer your question: I would assume that it is very safe, and risk, if any, is very low. I mean if someone sends you money you can always issue a refund. You can also set your account to "Authorization", this means that any money sent to the account is available for you (the PayPal account holder) to "Capture" or Release (reject).

I'm not sure if Authorization mode is available in all countries.

Messages In This Thread
Integrating PayPal's shopping cart with GetSimple - by jyoz22 - 2012-04-21, 01:34:02