Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vertrigo local host install won't email password
Greetings all!

I'm dong a local Windows XP install with the Vertrigo server. All seems to work well to start with, but the local server gives an error message saying that it cannot email the initial password. Thus I cannot log in because I don't know the password. Of course, I may have missed something obvious.

But please advise if there is a fix.

All replies appreciated.

bluekingfisher
bluekingfisher Wrote:Greetings all!

I'm dong a local Windows XP install with the Vertrigo server. All seems to work well to start with, but the local server gives an error message saying that it cannot email the initial password. Thus I cannot log in because I don't know the password. Of course, I may have missed something obvious.

But please advise if there is a fix.

All replies appreciated.

bluekingfisher

E-Mails are only sent on servers that are setup for e-mails. But immediately after the setup you are already logged in and can directly go to the settings page and change the password.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
additional hint:

if you closed the browser already after installation, and now you don't know how to log in because you did not notice the passwort, just delete the folder in the www-directory and do a new install

it only takes 5 minutes! (or less)

Cheers, Connie
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Thanks mvlcek and Connie. Worked exactly as you folks said; first time. Great support :-)

I've spent many hours fighting bloated CMSes, so I'm excited to be using GetSimple which appears to finally have a user interface that makes sense with really efficient code underneath.