Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
htaccess quandry
hmph. I called hostgator and they assure me that mod_rewrite is enabled but no matter what I do I can't seem to get FURLS working at all. I have updated to the latest build.

Also, I need to make an interactive form on a page which is essentially a free evaluation for a law firm that will get emailed when its filled out.

How to?

This stuff is getting cooler by the minute. I can't believe how easy this stuff is to use.

thanks,
Nigel
Is there a .htaccess file int he root of your GS installation? if so, can you post the contents of it here?
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Nope.... well there is a blank one there now. I assumed it would be populated when I turned on FURLS if I uploaded a blank one.

I tried to flag it with RewriteEngine on
but it did nothing. I just need FURLS in general to spit out my slugs. I need to force www as well but I have that code around somewhere. My apache skills are non existant lol...

what should I place in it?

thanks for the quick response. This stuff rocks!

Nigel

Edit: This strikes me as a tad odd but likely sorted when I fix the urls in general.
Additionally, aside from pasting the text into notepad to fix some formatting issues I got everything sorted including the form. Can't speak highly enough of this app. I will be using it for just about everything. I will make a nice blog post about it when I get my new site back up.
Thanks Nigel - With the holidays it's been hard to give GS the attention it deserves, but rest assured most problems features will happen and this project is living on....
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!