Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how do i get technical support?
I'm trying to update my pages and have wasted a week updating pages that when I save revert back to the previous pages? I can't change them or delete them - is there a technical problem or am I missing the obvious?
Sarb Wrote:when I save revert back to the previous pages? I can't change them or delete them
On the other hand, I am missing what process you mean exactly. Ask precisely here which pages and in what situation can't be edited - sooner or later you will get an answer here.
Hmm sounds like you might have a problem writing onto the files.

In the administration click on the "Support" tab (top right next to "Settings") then click on "Website Health Check." Make sure everything is green and that all your folders are writable under "Directory Permissions."

Let me know if that's the problem.
Sorry if my query was vague, it's just the standard webpage I'm trying to update with new info.
Thanks for the steer , I've checked the directory permissions which are all writable OK.
There are some strange messages in the htExistance, such as 'Deny' which sounds not good, as below. Could this be my problem?

.htaccess Existance
/data/ Good 'Deny' file - OK
/data/uploads/ Good 'Allow' file - OK
/data/thumbs/ Good 'Allow' file - OK
/data/pages/ Good 'Deny' file - OK
/plugins/ Good 'Deny' file - OK
/data/other/ Good 'Deny' file - OK
/data/other/logs/ Good 'Deny' file - OK
/theme/ No file - OK

/data/other/components.xml XML Invalid - Error!
cURL Module Not Installed - Warning
GD Library Not Installed - Warning
Quote:/data/other/components.xml XML Invalid - Error!
cURL Module Not Installed - Warning
GD Library Not Installed - Warning

1) save the file components.xml to your local computer as backup, delete it on the host
it will be regenerated

2)
the missing modules are described in the wiki:
http://get-simple.info/wiki/installation:modules

it means that CURL is not really necessary, but without GDLIB you cannot create thumbnails

ask your hoster to activate CURL and GdLib for you, it is no problem, just a small modification of php.ini

3)
Deny is not negative for you, it denies access to bad monsters like spiders, robots, crawlers ;=)
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18