Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem on the Forum 11/16/2011
I was removing spam registrations today, and somehow something went horribly wrong and some valuable members of the community were accidently deleted. The couple that I found were Matthew-OWS, Oleg & yojoe.

I went ahead and restored all the accounts from the backup last night, but unfortunately there were some irreparable fallouts. The main issue is that every old post by someone that got deleted is no longer associated with that person. It still shows that "Oleg06" wrote the post, but that post is now associated with a guest account by the same name. I will look into how to fix this, but in case i cant find a way, I am truely sorry.

Sorry again...
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Just to note... some of our valuable plugin developers were also effected by this, and I know that some of you have posts that you go back and edit periodically. Now i am assuming that you can no longer do that to your old posts.

I should be able to re-associate any old post back to your username - but i will need some info in order to do that:

1. Your user ID number
2. The post ID (not topic ID) you want to get reassigned to you.

Just email that to admin@cagintranet.com and I will get that taken care of as fast as I can. Again.. sorry for all this...
- Chris

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
ccagle8 Wrote:Just to note... some of our valuable plugin developers were also effected by this, and I know that some of you have posts that you go back and edit periodically. Now i am assuming that you can no longer do that to your old posts.

I should be able to re-associate any old post back to your username - but i will need some info in order to do that:

1. Your user ID number
2. The post ID (not topic ID) you want to get reassigned to you.

Just email that to admin@cagintranet.com and I will get that taken care of as fast as I can. Again.. sorry for all this...

See here for the database reference.
E.g. for user Oleg06 with id 795 the following SQL should do the job for all posts:
Code:
update posts set poster_id = 795 where poster_id = 1 and poster = 'Oleg06';
As there should be no guest posts, as posting requires registration, this should have no side effects.

For everybody try something like:
Code:
update posts p set poster_id =
(select u.id from users u where u.username = p.poster)
where p.poster_id = 1;
(this is Oracle SQL, don't know about MySQL)
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
To get the affected users:
Code:
select distinct poster from posts where poster_id = 1;
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
Thanks @mvlcek - i will try that tonight!
- Chris

Thanks to mvlcek's help all is right on the forums now! Rejoice!!
- Chris