Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how do I install GetSimple on OSX snow leopard?
Everything checks off "OK" on the set up but after I enter the "Website Name", "Username" and "Email Address" and click "Install Now!" I get this error:

"Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, you@example.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log."

I attached my PHP-info
Holy crap - i kinda got it to work.

I was previously make EVERY folder 777 ..... instead I JUST changed Data & Backup to 777, and kept all other folders to 755.

But now I get these errors:
Quote:Failed to create .htaccess in root! Please copy temp.htaccess to .htaccess and change **REPLACE** to /~Test/mysite/+ Code/2011-11-17_getsimple/GetSimple_3.0/

Failed to rename temp.gsconfig.php to gsconfig.php! Please do it manually.
Why is that happening?
mikeeatworld2 Wrote:Why is that happening?
Almost certainly a permissions problem in the GS base directory. From your phpinfo, the webserver is running as user _www, and this user must have write permissions in that base directory.

Several ways to achieve that, but for a local test server I suggest setting the GS base directory group to _www, user to your own user account (this is probably already set) and permissions to 0775. That will allow both you (so you can make changes to, for example, gsconfig.php) and the webserver to have access to the directory.

This is based on Linux use, but should be applicable to OS X.
--
Nick.