Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GetSimple set?
Can some body help to me?

I need set (assembly) of GetSimple with:
- Extended news
- RSS
- Outlink in top menu (for forum or Gallery, for example)
- Gallery (if previous not possible)
- Search
- Sidebar (individual for each pages)
Quote:- Extended news
- RSS

The News Manager and News Manager RSS plugins should accomplish this easily.

Quote:- Outlink in top menu (for forum or Gallery, for example)
- Gallery (if previous not possible)

You can easily add an outgoing link to the main menu in your Theme.

Quote:- Search

Use the Keyword Search plugin.

Quote:- Sidebar (individual for each pages)

It's not clear exactly how you'd want this to work, or what content you'd want in your side bar. However, you've got lots of options with Get Simple. I might tackle this by using the l18n Custom Fields module - adding a rich text field to each page, and then editing my theme to display the content of this field in the sidebar.

Please come back if you have any further questions Smile
Thanks for your reply

Yes I understand
But I can not do something right.
If I install all components independantly (separately) - system not work...

And after all my unhappy tryings I would like to get set (assembly) of working system with this components...
If it possible of course.
The only way to get an "assembly" of these components is to put them all together. Get Simple is no different to other CMSs, in that it has a limited core and a number of optional plugins that are provided seperately.

If you've tried putting these components together and they don't work for you, it would be better to find out what it going wrong. It is most likely that you are having problems with file permissions or server limitations - in which case, no matter how you add the components to your webspace, you'll still have the problems.

We can't help you very much if all we know is "it doesn't work". Can you describe what you've done so far, and be specific about how it is not working, for example, are you seeing any error messages?
if your host fulfills the requirements of GetSimple (see Server Health Check in Administration) everything else should work

but please do not expect that everything falls from heaven and you must not learn anything

when you say, it does not work, you should inform us what you tried
as usual it would be very very helpful to tell the URL of the installation as welll

and please note: everybody started to learn, everybody had a difficult start, and most people succeeded
GetSimple is simple, but it is not a present for lazy people ;=)

so, try to understand and to do one step after the other
if you have qualified questions and qualified need for support many people here will assist you

but just to say " you must do it, it does not work" is not enough
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Yes I am fully agree with you

I am trying on local machine (Apache/2.2.4 (Win32) mod_ssl/2.2.4 OpenSSL/0.9.8o PHP/5.3.3 Server at localhost Port 80)

Maybe my english not good and I not understand all explanation for modules correct...

I'll try to ask questions...

1. For example
Can I add (into Extended news) link as "read more" to my (other) page?