Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getsimple 3.1 Final call for Issues.
n00dles101 Wrote:Thanks Joshas, fixed.

I can't find that string in the language file of version 574, did you upload that to the SVN already?
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
yeah, uploaded it to r575
My Github Repos: Github
thanks! That is not active in the download-page, so I will wait for that release

Cheers, Connie
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
ccagle8 Wrote:I feel like we are getting close. Have any plugin developers successfully tested their plugins? Which ones have we verified working? I would love to be able to test all the popular ones... News Manager, p01-Contact, all I18N plugins, MikeH's plugins...

Can people post here when they verify some of these are working OK in 3.1B? Thanks!

I will test my plugins out today.
ccagle8 Wrote:I feel like we are getting close. Have any plugin developers successfully tested their plugins? Which ones have we verified working? I would love to be able to test all the popular ones... News Manager, p01-Contact, all I18N plugins, MikeH's plugins...

Can people post here when they verify some of these are working OK in 3.1B? Thanks!

Plugins tested by me all the time, and considered working since r531B (newest version I used is r551) are:
- p01 contact
- news manager 2.2.4
- Mvlcek's i18n plugins: language, navigation, gallery, custom fields
- CC's folder gallery
- google maps
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
Found little issue with lowercase function in admin/inc/basic.php - mb_strtolower needs encoding parameter set, or else all non latin characters ends up in wrong encoding.
Code:
mb_strtolower($text, 'UTF-8');
tks Joshas, updated SVN
Beta Download has been updated with the latest changes.

This release includes new script/style queuing functions, wiki will be updated with documentation
this evening...
when you click on properties on the page edit.php block will not open
@oleg: Thanks, I had left in a duplicate javascript and stylesheet.

I'll update the latest download now.
latest version of download has been updated: GetSimple 3.1 Beta - r587
latest download is now available, problem fixed with install styles.

http://code.google.com/p/get-simple-cms/downloads/list
plugin_functions.php contains hardcoded paths to admin panel, thus changing #define('GSADMIN', 'admin'); in gsconfig will end up with faulty working panel.
It simply lacks global $GSADMIN constance, and $GSADMIN var in paths to js and css files.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
thanks yojoe, i've added that to the issue list.
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
How is the i18n navigation structure plugin going to work with 3.1? Won't it be confusing to users if there are two separate panels on the pages.php page where you can organize the menu structure?

Edit: Also would it be possible to implement the same "menu ordering" terminology that Mvlcek used in his i18n plugin (ex: 'Insert After pagename'). I think the numbering system that is currently in use can be confusing for users (at least it was with my clients).
@mikeh - I don't want to sound too crass... but how our core code will work with an existing plugin that does the same thing isn't really something I need to worry about. I think the best thing might be for 18n navigation to adapt to the core and maybe hide the new menu manager, or maybe even help merge the two so there is only one "super" menu-manager. I can discuss that with Mvlcek though...

I do want to add more functionality to the existing menu-manager, but I'm not sure they will get added before 3.1 hits.
- Chris

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
ccagle8 Wrote:@mikeh - I don't want to sound too crass... but how our core code will work with an existing plugin that does the same thing isn't really something I need to worry about. I think the best thing might be for 18n navigation to adapt to the core and maybe hide the new menu manager, or maybe even help merge the two so there is only one "super" menu-manager. I can discuss that with Mvlcek though...

I do want to add more functionality to the existing menu-manager, but I'm not sure they will get added before 3.1 hits.

Thank you, that answers my question perfectly. I just wanted to raise it to your attention since a lot of people use that plugin.
Merging the two would be great since the menu manager is probably going to lack multi-level support (to my understanding).
Cool... By the way, if someone wants to help us out and give us code to add to the core, I wouldn't complain Smile
- Chris

A suggestion: make the 3.1 menu-manager a plugin, to be bundled with GS, but can be disabled if you use alternatives like mvlcek's I18N or others.

BTW, the same could be done with the new visual theme editor.
http://get-simple.info/forum/topic/3052/theme-editor/
I actually prefer that these are NOT plugins. Normally, I am the one wanting features to be plugins, but what is the point with these two?

With the menu manager - it's a needed functionality. It shouldn't be any concern to us that there is already a plugin out there that does similar.

As for the theme editor highlighting - its on trial period with 3.1 - but I personally like it. If anyone edits their themes, then they too should find it very helpful. Again, it should not be any concern that there is a plugin out there that already does this.
- Chris

Joshas Wrote:"Save & close" text (edit.php) is not included in language file for translation.

n00dles101 Wrote:Thanks Joshas, fixed.

Please add new strings to the sections at the bottom of the language file , "# new in 3.1 "
as we have no po- and mo-system it is difficult for translators to find the new strings

For the german translation, I moved that line to that section

I uploaded the new language file, but it does not shine up in the EXTEND, what's the problem?
So it is available for download here: http://www.get-simple.de/data/uploads/do..._de_DE.zip
it's also attached here
|--

Connie Wrote:Please add new strings to the sections at the bottom of the language file , "# new in 3.1 "
as we have no po- and mo-system it is difficult for translators to find the new strings

If you use the Translate plugin, you will see the missing strings easily.
However, it will only work with string properties (no 'transliteration' arrays).
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
One minor issue in get_styles_backend() and get_styles_frontend functions from plugin_functions.php - href value without quotes.
Should be:
Code:
echo '<link href="'.$style['src'].'?v='.$style['ver'].'" rel="stylesheet" media="'.$style['media'].'">';
Note the double quotes.
mvlcek Wrote:If you use the Translate plugin, you will see the missing strings easily.
However, it will only work with string properties (no 'transliteration' arrays).

Martin, until now I did it "manually", but as there is this kind of systematic, we should stick to it and add all new strings below ...

I will use the translate plugin, that's a good reminder ;=)

Cheers and frohe Weihnachten,

Connie
|--

@ccagle8

Ok then, here are my updated suggestions :-)

For menu-manager:
- Allow disabling it via a gsconfig option

For theme editor highlighting:
- Allow disabling it in Settings, just like the WYSIWYG editor (on a per-user basis, too), e.g.: "Enable source code highlighting" (a checkbox, default on)
- Highlighting not only for theme files, but also for components (and maybe, if possible, for normal page editing when not using the rich editor)