Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Running on Synology NAS
Hi all,

I have GetSimple 1.70 running on my Synology NAS. Everything is working fine.

Upgrading to 1.71 breaks the theme changing. I am stuck with the one theme selected.
I also tried doing a fresh install of 1.71 and when I browse to the /GetSimple folder my host cannot find the file.

For me, its not critical to upgrade to 1.71, but I hope I can get future releases upgraded.
What does this so call "break" look like?

Are you able to see the page?
Does everything else work?
Does your website function as it should on the default theme?
Did you have any custom code?
Clients always want to be able to change the content of their pages, but they are unwilling to do so.

Have you ever coded in your underwear before?
I just upgraded with the default theme and it seems to be ok. Before I had my own modified theme, upgraded, and couldn't change to another theme.

Just uploaded two new themes. They aren't showing up in the activate theme drop down. :/
Do you have a template.php file in the new themes dir?
Clients always want to be able to change the content of their pages, but they are unwilling to do so.

Yes, themes are emporium and watchthis.
Goto

data/other/website.xml

Change the template name there and see what happens.

That didn't 'work'...but going to the site gave a permission error...changed both theme dirs to 755 and both work and show up in the drop down.
Sorry I didn't think about that. Most NAS systems that I've worked with auto chmod files to 777.
Glad it's working.

I wouldn't have thought about that either. Especially after other themes worked without changing permissions.

Thanks for the help.