Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
temp.htaccess & fancy url problem in GS RC3
When enabling fancyurls in the latest version, 3.1B r635 RC3, it seems that the temp.htaccess does not automatically rename itself to .htaccess. When I try to rename it manually, I get an internal server error. It seems like debug mode does not produce any errors and everything is good on the health check page.
I tested GS 3.0 and had no problems getting it to work properly. Also I reversed any modifications I made to my php.ini file, thus, it can't be a server issue.
Todo arde si le aplicas la chispa adecuada.
http://code.google.com/p/get-simple-cms/...ail?id=286
This looks to be the culprit? I would hate to have to patch the core. :/
The patch suggested by carlos works like a charm!
It seems my host, hostgator, has apache_get_modules() disabled and since I have shared hosting, I don't have full access to the php.ini file. : (
yurifanboy Wrote:The patch suggested by carlos works like a charm!

Thanks for checking this... i will patch the core with that.
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
I have an odd problem where my fancy urls don't work, and in troubleshooting it I've encountered other problems. I'll try to give you as much information as I can think will help, but I'm a newbie so please bear with me.

Hi, I have GS 3.0 installed, and I do believe my host (Dreamhost) has apache_get_modules() though I'm not sure of that.

Unfortunately I cannot yet upgrade to 3.1 (it's the one-click install from Dreamhost and I've been informed yesterday that if I try to manually update it to 3.1 I could break things--and even if I was curious to try, the get-simple information for upgrades only covers v1-to-v2 and v2-to-v3 but not v3.0-to-v3.1 and I'm a newbie at all this).

According to my health check I am all good, and have php version 5.2.17 running on the host.

My problem is that I have fancy urls enabled (checked in settings) but they don't work. I tried also adding %parent%/%slug% as directed by this page: http://get-simple.info/wiki/permalinks but they also do not work.

So that led me to edit .htaccess as described elsewhere in the forum, but I noticed that my .htaccess is actually a .temp-htaccess. I tried to rename .temp-htaccess to .htaccess but then nothing works (cannot navigate to page root at all, I think it was a 500 error), so I've restored the .temp-htaccess.

So to recap, what does work is: parent/index.php?id=slug, what doesn't is parent/slug, and my problem is now two problems: How can I get .temp-htaccess to become .htaccess for GS 3.0, AND, if I can get it to work, what would I need to edit it such that I have fancy urls?

P.S. a final oddity is that instead of a gsconfig.php (that I was going to edit to enable ckeditor) I only have a temp.gsconfig.php ...yeah, weird.
nicholsong Wrote:[I]t’s the one-click install from Dreamhost
This might be the problem. I have no idea how this one-click install is made but I can tell you how a normal installation works. During the the normal installation temp.htaccess will be renamed to .htaccess and edit the contents of this file.

If we assume that Dreamhost did not do this it is easily fixed by doing it manually. Just rename temp.htaccess to .htaccess. But:
nicholsong Wrote:I tried to rename [temp.]htaccess to .htaccess but then nothing works (cannot navigate to page root at all, I think it was a 500 error)
The server error 500 often happens when the .htaccess file is configured the wrong way. Remember how I said the normal installation edits the contents? Please open .htaccess in a plain text editor and you will see the following line glaring at you:
Code:
RewriteBase **REPLACE**
This is, of course, not right. Replace the **REPLACE** with the base path of your GetSimple installation. If you have installed GetSimple in the root of your hosting it will just be a single forward slash (/).
Code:
RewriteBase /
I hope this will fix your problems. You could refer Dreamhost to this reply and ask them how their one-click install does its things, I believe that to be the culprit.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Since I did install it to the root, I changed the **REPLACE** to / and voila! it worked perfectly. Pretty urls and everything. Thank you so much. Consider my problem solved, and thanks again!