Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unlimited Hierarchy (Page Structure, URIs)
Hi There

Would love to see an unlimited hierarchy of pages where it has a true parent-parent-child relationship. I find it it a little stressful knowing that I can access a child page as if it were a parent page (ie. domain.com/parent/child/ can be accessed at domain.com/child/).

Additionally, it would be awesome to amend slug management with an option to force the existence of a trailing slash, or force its removal using 301 redirects. I find this to be highly essential with regard to Search Engine Optimization. If Google finds identical pages with two different routes, it tends to get a little nasty.

These are the kinds of things that make my choice when it comes to running a CMS. I find that, when looking for a solid framework to make a website in, if it doesn't have these features, it's not that great. I guess I'm just picky that way.

Thanks guys - you are doing an awesome job with this. Smile

Mike
michael.anthony Wrote:Additionally, it would be awesome to amend slug management with an option to force the existence of a trailing slash, or force its removal using 301 redirects. I find this to be highly essential with regard to Search Engine Optimization. If Google finds identical pages with two different routes, it tends to get a little nasty
We do set the canonical link per page, so I do think that this problem is definitely less important.

Can you force the trailing slash via the Custom Permalink feature?
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Quote:Can you force the trailing slash via the Custom Permalink feature?
I have forced the permalink structure (a few moments ago) to %parent%/%slug%/ on one of my customer's websites. Visiting http://mna.co.za/about-us/ and http://mna.co.za/about-us (without the slash) returns the same thing. Google does test this kind of thing, as far as I'm aware.
Our system doesn't force canonical URLs, but it does set them in the <head> section. GSCONFIG.php does have an option to force the use of these URLs...
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
ccagle8 Wrote:Our system doesn't force canonical URLs, but it does set them in the <head> section. GSCONFIG.php does have an option to force the use of these URLs...
I see - haven't looked at that yet...

Was just wondering (with regard to my first point) that if this were to be changed in the core, would it mess up some plugins that are out there? Would it be better to have an option to fallback via gsconfig?